Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest Rates up 0.25%

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bank of England have caught the market out a bit doing this a month earlier than expected.

Now up to 5.25%

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shit :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Am I bovvered ? Aint got a mortgage. Are you disrespecting me cos I live in a detached house ? Look at the face I aint bovvered.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Doesn't affect me so i don't really care

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PM me for the latest best fixed rates for new mortgages and re mortgages as they may be pulled and relaunched soon at higher levels.

5.18% fixed 5 years to 95%
Fee added to the mortgage
Free survey for re mortgages
Free legals for re mortgages
No penalties after 5 years

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am very suprised at this, most people thought it would be feb if at all and this seems a step too far, 7 increases now , I think this one could tip the market the wrong way, if you want to re mortgage and get a fixed rate do it now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Uncle Spielberg said:
PM me for the latest best fixed rates for new mortgages and re mortgages as they may be pulled and relaunched soon at higher levels.

5.18% fixed 5 years to 95%
Fee added to the mortgage
Free survey for re mortgages
Free legals for re mortgages
No penalties after 5 years

I would have thought the 5 year fixed mortages would have this rise built into it from February 2007 anyway, so they shouldn't leap too much should they?

Things like currency prices leap around when the timing of a rise catches people out - I moved quick and got 1.4975 on the Euro - but I would have thought a 5 year fixed mortgage is looking at such a long range that rises in January when they were expected in February wouldn't be all that dramatic.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
lenders are pulling rates as we speak, Abbey's are being pulled tomrrow,

I like the 4.69% fixed until 1/8/08 deal, enough time to fix and then review things

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am on a 4.29% fixed until 30/9/07.

I did some deals 3 years ago for 3.59% fixed 2 years and 3.99% fixed 5 years, looking pretty good now

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am very suprised at this, most people thought it would be feb if at all and this seems a step too far, 7 increases now , I think this one could tip the market the wrong way, if you want to re mortgage and get a fixed rate do it now.
Get remortgaged now as there will be another 0.25% rise in Feb. Its an odds on certainty, so that Gordon Brown wont have egg on his face when he takes over from Tony in June when the next increase was supposed to happen.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
if you want to re mortgage and get a fixed rate do it now.

Why?

Do you think Base rate is going to rise more?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't know what any of this means!

Well do you pay a mortgage ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here