Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest Rates to fall today

Fixed rates were better value 6 months ago tracker rates are better value at the moment imo. The market is fluid and constantly changing. Without Lokki having access to the 35000 plus mortgage rates on offer he cannot possibly make such comments.

Lets try it another way. The price of wheat on the world commodity exchanges has been rising rapidly, up around 30% since November and still rising. Producers of breakfast cereal have stocks, and fixed price agreements in place but when these expire they will have to buy wheat at the new higher prices. This will have to be passed on in part to consumers at some future point. I can therefore look at the price of wheat and predict that Shredded Wheat will get more expensive in 2008. The guy stacking shelves at Asda may see a special offer on Shredded Wheat today and predict that prices will continue to fall. Easy to understand his rationale but he is wrong nevertheless.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
or some disclaimers to say that anything you say is your opinion only, and that any decisions should be taken after consulting an IFA to ensure that the advice is suitable BASED ON PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
Are You Some Sort Of Nob? Of Course It's His Opinion Only. He Posted It!

simple fact is that when rates were high last year the yield curve was pedicting a tailing off in the short and medium term, suggesting that it was not the best time to fix. ergo, a tracker was the best bet then, and has been proven subsequently.
It's Been Said Before. What The f*** Has A Yield Curve Got To Do With Gav's Advice? He Gives Advice On Mortgages For Fucks Sake. Will You Just Stop Bullying Him You Idiot.

Since when is US's name Gav?
:lol:
Gavin Glover I Believe. He Is The Bloke Who Does All That Good Work For REMF

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Gavin Glover I Believe. He Is The Bloke Who Does All That Good Work For REMF

No - last name correct, first name you got 2 letters right....I'll leave it up to him if he wants to correct you...actually just spotted someone else posted it for you...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets just respect each others opinions Lokki I have no doubt you are an expert in your field and have never questioned this.

Anyway my work is done here, PM me for individual help. Look forward to my update in March 2008 !.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
Fair enough, any advice I have given has been generic. There is no compliance issue there, that is ok with the FSA. I think do a factfind and get clients circumstances and opinions when I make my recommendations based on their indiviudal circumstances and needs. The interest rate post was clearly a humourous retort. I will make it clearer in future.

Just trying to help , Hiney is also an excellent broker if people want help.

sounds like yuo sound a bit low mate. far as i can see yuo just tryin to help a few poepl wiv save a few quid. not sure wot it is yuo were sayin but im sure it was good stuff. barman ere can get hold of sum red hot films and stuff wiv rushian and chek birds. right saucy and right lookers. you intrested?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Rangdo, I changed to an offset mortgage with Woolwich (now part of Barclays) last year, I did the sums at the time and it was far better for me than any other type of mortgage on offer. Have a chat with them and compare with other products on the market, to me it was a logical decision to swap and one that I do not regret making.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Rangdo, I changed to an offset mortgage with Woolwich (now part of Barclays) last year, I did the sums at the time and it was far better for me than any other type of mortgage on offer. Have a chat with them and compare with other products on the market, to me it was a logical decision to swap and one that I do not regret making.

i did exactly the same. pity their admin is so poor, but the cost was best in the market (and no exit fees unlike many schemes)

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
No - last name correct, first name you got 2 letters right....I'll leave it up to him if he wants to correct you...actually just spotted someone else posted it for you...
Posted What For Me? Has Someone Hacked Into My Account? Which Thread And I'll Report It To The Mods.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing that I find bizarre is that I still get Woolwich mortgage statements, although my belief is that they have ceased to exist, maybe it is just Barclays taking time to catch up...or saving money on stationery.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

i did exactly the same. pity their admin is so poor, but the cost was best in the market (and no exit fees unlike many schemes)

Cheers guys. Think I'll drop into my local branch and have a chat. The rate on Barclays offset seems pretty competitiive (5.96% after today's drop), theres no early repayment fees and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they do a free valuation.

larus

Lets try it another way. The price of wheat on the world commodity exchanges has been rising rapidly, up around 30% since November and still rising. Producers of breakfast cereal have stocks, and fixed price agreements in place but when these expire they will have to buy wheat at the new higher prices. This will have to be passed on in part to consumers at some future point. I can therefore look at the price of wheat and predict that Shredded Wheat will get more expensive in 2008. The guy stacking shelves at Asda may see a special offer on Shredded Wheat today and predict that prices will continue to fall. Easy to understand his rationale but he is wrong nevertheless.

So. Should I stock-pile Shredded Wheat? If so, what about Shreddies?

God, it's all so confusing :shrug: :jester:

So. Should I stock-pile Shredded Wheat? If so, what about Shreddies?

God, it's all so confusing :shrug: :jester:

I won't even start on frozen orange juice then but if you need good financial advice I hear Clarence Beeks is the man to talk to.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its true the best tracker with no ties and no arrangement fee, free survey, free legals for re mortgage is Woolwich Plc was 0.59% above BBR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here