Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest Rates to fall today

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
my intest rate usualy picks up when the new barmans missus turns up at his shift end. saucy littl fing and i woldnt mind dropping a few percentage points between her baps. my missus brother inlaw is an acountant. a turf acountant. haha. f*** me im funy. hes a right sarky littl tosser tho and if he keeps givin me lip about the saucy littl doris ive been banging i might ave to give him a slap.
This Is A Serious Thread Which Affects All Of Us Home Owners. I'm Out Of Work At The Mo, So I'll Take Any Crumb Of Financial Advice I Can Get To Save Dipping Into My Savings. What We Don't Need Is The Likes Of You Ruining This Thread When The Grown Ups Are Reading Uncle Spiel's Advice.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
Be a bit careful what your saying mate as Libelling me on here is not a good idea. I can give a rationale for the reasoning why a 2 year fixed rate was a good option 6 months ago and have done so but as usual you have disregarded it and gone off on one. Its also down to clients own attitudes and many people prefer fixed rates for security. At the moment the 2 year fixed rates taken out 6 months ago are better value even with the 2 interest rate falls.

is anyon else folowing this? dont know what half of that means. uncle spleilebrerg wots that all mean in egnlish then?

Sorry Bars, not hunting in packs. For me I do think that Mr Glover should at least quantify some of the things he says on here to show that these are his OPINIONS only, and that they are by no means guaranteed, especially when he is posting market rate forecasts for 3 years time, something, which with all the experience in the mortgage field that he has, he really doesn't know a lot about and certainly is not qualified to advise on in this arena.

It's dangerous, and not strictly allowed, to hand out even basic generic advice these days, and the FSA are very hot on this sort of thing. I have no idea if US works for an IFA, himself, or as an AR of a firm, but I'm sure that any compliance people involved with him would have a fit at some of the things he posts here.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm Out Of Work At The Mo
Have you ever considered mortgage advising? Or sub-editing?

Or are you working as a BOUNCER (again)?

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Be a bit careful what your saying mate as Libelling me on here is not a good idea. I can give a rationale for the reasoning why a 2 year fixed rate was a good option 6 months ago and have done so but as usual you have disregarded it and gone off on one.
Exactly. Gav, Just Do Yourself A Favour And Ignore Him. He Doesn't Know What He's Talking About. The Fact That You Got It A Bit Wrong A While Back Does Not Mean That It Wasn't Good Advice. And I For One Am Very Impressed That You Correctly Predicted An Interest Rate Cut A Full Two Hours Before It Happened. I'm Sure I'm Not The Only One Mate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What I do is look at all options and quote fixed and tracker rates, I may guide people and offer advice but I do not say you must take this out. I give all the information the client needs to make an informed decision.

Fixed rates were better value 6 months ago tracker rates are better value at the moment imo. The market is fluid and constantly changing. Without Lokki having access to the 35000 plus mortgage rates on offer he cannot possibly make such comments.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner

Are You Yet Another Bully Or Is That A Serious Question? I Will Answer It Anyway.

Of Course I Have Not Considered Mortgage Advising Because It Is Probably A Skilled Job That Needs Lots Of Qualifications. And To Be Honest, I'm Not All That Good With Money Anyway.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Exactly. Gav, Just Do Yourself A Favour And Ignore Him. He Doesn't Know What He's Talking About. The Fact That You Got It A Bit Wrong A While Back Does Not Mean That It Wasn't Good Advice. And I For One Am Very Impressed That You Correctly Predicted An Interest Rate Cut A Full Two Hours Before It Happened. I'm Sure I'm Not The Only One Mate.

Bars Mar I don't think I did get it wrong as my posts have tried to point out but its best left. I have a lot of happy clients so I must be something right. Anyway I did stick my head above the parapet with a shameless post of self promotion so its inevitable the usual suspects would come creeping out of their corners :laugh:

Be a bit careful what your saying mate as Libelling me on here is not a good idea. I can give a rationale for the reasoning why a 2 year fixed rate was a good option 6 months ago and have done so but as usual you have disregarded it and gone off on one. Its also down to clients own attitudes and many people prefer fixed rates for security. At the moment the 2 year fixed rates taken out 6 months ago are better value even with the 2 interest rate falls.

I'm well aware that some people prefer to fix their rate and that is fine, what is not fine is pretending to know where interests rates are going over the next 2 years and quoting it as fact to people making important personal financial decisions. You can sue me if you like, I stand by what I have written, but I doubt you'd want your previous posts on this topic being brought to the attention of the FSA. I think they take a dim view of registered individuals giving mortgage advice over an internet forum.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007

i did a bit of doorwork in my time. ad to dish out a few slaps to punters. dont need it anymore over ere tho thank god. only bouncing i do nowadays is on the missus jubblies. right pair on er.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry Bars, not hunting in packs. For me I do think that Mr Glover should at least quantify some of the things he says on here to show that these are his OPINIONS only, and that they are by no means guaranteed, especially when he is posting market rate forecasts for 3 years time, something, which with all the experience in the mortgage field that he has, he really doesn't know a lot about and certainly is not qualified to advise on in this arena.

It's dangerous, and not strictly allowed, to hand out even basic generic advice these days, and the FSA are very hot on this sort of thing. I have no idea if US works for an IFA, himself, or as an AR of a firm, but I'm sure that any compliance people involved with him would have a fit at some of the things he posts here.

The interest post was not a serious post, its called humour, obviously went over your head. Of course I do not predict interest rates in 3 years.

What I do is look at all options and quote fixed and tracker rates, I may guide people and offer advice but I do not say you must take this out. I give all the information the client needs to make an informed decision.

Fixed rates were better value 6 months ago tracker rates are better value at the moment imo. The market is fluid and constantly changing. Without Lokki having access to the 35000 plus mortgage rates on offer he cannot possibly make such comments.

Gareth, I do have access to these rates, and I am also qualified to give advice, although that is not my job. I appreciate that you do the right thing for your clients, based entirely on their circumstances and attitudes, and I have no doubt that you are more than competent at what you do.

My only issue is that it is NOT a good idea to be giving even generic advise on a forum such as this without either backing up your claims, or some disclaimers to say that anything you say is your opinion only, and that any decisions should be taken after consulting an IFA to ensure that the advice is suitable BASED ON PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
simple fact is that when rates were high last year the yield curve was pedicting a tailing off in the short and medium term, suggesting that it was not the best time to fix. ergo, a tracker was the best bet then, and has been proven subsequently.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
This Is A Serious Thread Which Affects All Of Us Home Owners. I'm Out Of Work At The Mo, So I'll Take Any Crumb Of Financial Advice I Can Get To Save Dipping Into My Savings. What We Don't Need Is The Likes Of You Ruining This Thread When The Grown Ups Are Reading Uncle Spiel's Advice.

affetcs all you homos more like. your a bit of a prune mate arent you. tell yer what get your ass over here for a week for sum rest and yuo woldnt be such a tool. and why do you type so funy. its dificult to read.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Whether in the last 6 months or 2 years a fixed rate mortgage has never been given any thought in my mind....unless it was at 2% of course :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair enough, any advice I have given has been generic. There is no compliance issue there, that is ok with the FSA. I think do a factfind and get clients circumstances and opinions when I make my recommendations based on their indiviudal circumstances and needs. The interest rate post was clearly a humourous retort. I will make it clearer in future.

Just trying to help , Hiney is also an excellent broker if people want help.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6 months ago 2 year remo fixed rates were around 5%, the best tracker rate is now at around 5.5% even after 2 rate falls

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Interest rates are a near certainty to fall today. Almost as much a certainty as a Spielberg racing tip. Bank base rate will stand at 5.25%. US interest rates have fallen 1.25% in the last month to stand at 3.0%. Its good news for people on Bank tracker rates as they will get the benefit immediately, discounted and variable rate borrowers will benefit but with a delay and maybe not the full fall as lenders drag their heels and chip it away. Fixed rate borrowers will stay as they are.

I expect rates to chip away this year with another fall in June and another in September to bring rates down to 4.75% by the year end.

This will soften the housing market slowdown and I expect house prices to be static or a slight fall only, talk of crashes and 40% fall's are rubbish and irresponsible talk from wannabees who want to get in the papers.

A tracker rate is a good option now and if you want total flexibility go for a tracker with no penalty ties.

My number can be found in the BHAFC match programme under Friends of the Albion.

Kind Regards.

Uncle Spielberg's Monthly Mortgage Watch

Any idea who's best for Offset Mortgages? Barclays/Woolwich seem to have a pretty good rate that I'm looking at. The One Account's interest rate seems to be astronomical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here