Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interest Rates to fall today

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
U.S. ... What do you think interest rates will be like in November 2011 when I will need to remortgage? What sort of rate will we be looking at for a 5 or 10 year fix...?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
U.S. ... What do you think interest rates will be like in November 2011 when I will need to remortgage? What sort of rate will we be looking at for a 5 or 10 year fix...?

That far ahead you may as well be predicting the outcome of a horse race and we all know how good US is at that.:thumbsup:

There aint nobody in the World that can predict that far ahead.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Bank base rate will be 4.5% and the best 5 year fixed rate will be 5.22% and the best 10 year fixed rate will be 5.49%.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am a hero rates have just fallen by 0.25%.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Excellent news, as expected, for those of us with variable rate mortgages.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yet another Spielberg winning prediction.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Bank base rate will be 4.5% and the best 5 year fixed rate will be 5.22% and the best 10 year fixed rate will be 5.49%.
thanks... that doesn't sound too bad

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lokki that was best advice at the time. 2 year fixed rates were low 5%'s and tracker's were over 0.5% higher so at least 2 rate falls were needed before tracker rates were better also some people prefer the security of a fixed rate, I actually re mortgaged myself to a fixed rate at the end of 2007 but now tracker rates are better value than comparible fixed rates I believe but the market is fluid at all times.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Lokki that was best advice at the time. 2 year fixed rates were low 5%'s and tracker's were over 0.5% higher so at least 2 rate falls were needed before tracker rates were better also some people prefer the security of a fixed rate, I actually re mortgaged myself to a fixed rate at the end of 2007 but now tracker rates are better value than comparible fixed rates I believe but the market is fluid at all times.

not so great if you thought as some did back then that rates were at a high point! locking into a fixed rate deal was not a great idea imho

How can it have been the best advice when it cost your clients money? Fixed rates looked low to you at the time but as Afters and myself tried to explain to you, there was a reason for this, and the market has done exactly as we said it probably would. You have no understanding of long term interest rates, only current mortgage offers so I find your crowing, and arrogant and mis-guided advice quite offensive. You are not qualified to give advice on long term rate trends and should refrain from doing so.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
not so great if you thought as some did back then that rates were at a high point! locking into a fixed rate deal was not a great idea imho

How can it have been the best advice when it cost your clients money? Fixed rates looked low to you at the time but as Afters and myself tried to explain to you, there was a reason for this, and the market has done exactly as we said it probably would. You have no understanding of long term interest rates, only current mortgage offers so I find your crowing, and arrogant and mis-guided advice quite offensive. You are not qualified to give advice on long term rate trends and should refrain from doing so.

When did you get into finance, Gareth? I assume you changed career quite late on.

It doesn't, but it's a guess, and at best an experienced one, at worst finger in the wind.

This Is A Quite Disgraceful Example Of Some Of The Known Board Bullies Hunting In Packs. Ok, So My Old Mate Gavin Glover May Have Got This A Bit Wrong Not Long Ago But He Clearly DOES Know His Arse From His Elbow So You Are Completely Out Of Order To Suggest Otherwise. I Am Fairly Sure There Is A Lot More To Mortgage Brokering Than Simply Trawling Through The Latest Published Figures And Finding Out The Lowest Rates On Offer. I've Seen Gav On Here Before And He Has Lots Of Satisfied Customers So Lay Off, Eh. Especially You Lokki. You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself. Who The f*** Are You Banging On About Long Term Interest Rates Anyway?

Who The f*** Are You Banging On About Long Term Interest Rates Anyway?

I Think You'll Find That It Is Not Me "Banging On" About Them, Simply Because I Am Not Qualified To. However Unlike GAVIN I Do Know What A Yield Curve Is And Have Access To Money Market Rates Via Bloomberg.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Think You'll Find That It Is Not Me "Banging On" About Them, Simply Because I Am Not Qualified To. However Unlike GAVIN I Do Know What A Yield Curve Is And Have Access To Money Market Rates Via Bloomberg.
Yes Well People Want To Know About Mortgage Rates, Not Yield Curves. And If You Knew Any Better, How Come You Didn't Post A Thread Telling Everyone YOU Were A Legend Because You Knew What To Do A Month Ago?

Gav Is A Legend To People On Here Because Of His Selfless Financial Advice. Gav, Please Don't Be Scared Off By These Bullies - The Rest Of Us Appreciate Your Selfless, Helpful And Skilled Advice. Cheers Mate.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
my intest rate usualy picks up when the new barmans missus turns up at his shift end. saucy littl fing and i woldnt mind dropping a few percentage points between her baps. my missus brother inlaw is an acountant. a turf acountant. haha. f*** me im funy. hes a right sarky littl tosser tho and if he keeps givin me lip about the saucy littl doris ive been banging i might ave to give him a slap.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Be a bit careful what your saying mate as Libelling me on here is not a good idea. I can give a rationale for the reasoning why a 2 year fixed rate was a good option 6 months ago and have done so but as usual you have disregarded it and gone off on one. Its also down to clients own attitudes and many people prefer fixed rates for security. At the moment the 2 year fixed rates taken out 6 months ago are better value even with the 2 interest rate falls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here