Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intensive Driving Courses??

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
has anybody done one of these crash course's.. if so what are they like and how much should i expect to pay? thanks

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
All I can say for them is that both the people I know who took them failed their tests very very badly, but have since passed after having conventional lessons.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
If you have prior experience on the road, then fine, you at least understand the mechanics of pointing a vehicle of some sort along a highway, and you will know what may happen to you, and how to react. If not, they are not designed to do anything except cram the test syllabus into you, and even then you are not guaranteed to pass. You leave these courses a worse driver than one who has completed a series of lessons, and about £600 lighter in the bank account. If you have time, then follow the normal route. If not, please let me know when you are going to be on the roads.

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
thanks for your help.. much appricated. i think im going to try and stick to the normal route and just take lessons but try get a few done a week.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont think it costs much difference either way, how much is 20-25 normal lessons over a couple months?

1066gull

i did it two years ago for 550 quid

if your a fast learner, do it, but i wasn't really ready at the time, like i still was very immature and i pretty much wasted the money. now im ready but and a lot more experienced and grown up (in life generally) i feel ready, but is skint as f***.

but that's life. you cannot change the past. if you could, the world would be a very different place.

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008
i did it two years ago for 550 quid

if your a fast learner, do it, but i wasn't really ready at the time, like i still was very immature and i pretty much wasted the money. now im ready but and a lot more experienced and grown up (in life generally) i feel ready, but is skint as f***.

but that's life. you cannot change the past. if you could, the world would be a very different place.

if i could change the past, somewhere along the line id make sure you turned out less of a loser.

1066gull

if i could change the past, somewhere along the line id make sure you turned out less of a loser.

Thanks, but I'm reasonably happy with myself at the moment. I'm nowhere there yet, but I'm learning. There is nothing else you can do apart from learn from your mistakes. I feel a far better person and its only my reputation that brings me down. But I have to live with that, because some people will never forget and you have to live with the consequences. If it wasn't for my reputation of things done in the past, I am pretty sure I would be a very likeable bloke.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Thanks, but I'm reasonably happy with myself at the moment. I'm nowhere there yet, but I'm learning. There is nothing else you can do apart from learn from your mistakes. I feel a far better person and its only my reputation that brings me down. But I have to live with that, because some people will never forget and you have to live with the consequences. If it wasn't for my reputation of things done in the past, I am pretty sure I would be a very likeable bloke.

you sound like a paedophile turning over a new leaf.

just cheer up, lad.

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008

you just shouldnt have touched young children in the past, its too late to go back now. no one forgets.

1066gull

a public apology would go some way in rectifying things, young sir

An apology means nothing if you don't mean it. And saying it on her means nothing, you have to earn people's respect. I know what I've done wrong and it's only up to me to show people I'm better and them to decide weather they respect me for it.

1066gull

you just shouldnt have touched young children in the past, its too late to go back now. no one forgets.

I don't no what this has come from. I've never touched young children or anyone under the age of consent when I've been over it.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
All my faults perchance thou knowest,
All my madness none can know;
All my hopes, where'er thou goest,
Wither, yet with thee they go.

Every feeling hath been shaken;
Pride, which not a world could bow,
Bows to thee - by thee forsaken,
Even my soul forsakes me now:

But 'tis done - all words are idle -
Words from me are vainer still;