Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intense toothache

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone got any genuine remedies? It is agony at the moment. Had two paracetamol and an Ibuprofen already.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Half a cup of quite warm water - dissolve two or three heaped teaspoons of salt in the water. Use as a mouthwash. Apparently tooth ache is mainly due to build up of pressure in the gum and the high salt solution uses osmosis to reduce the difference in pressure. I've had terrible toothache and this works (dentist's advice when I first did it). But will only stave off pain until you can see a professional.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Have you tried a dentist, I think they may be able to fix it....in the mean time...get some strong Cuprofen from boots, will kill the pain!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Half a cup of quite warm water - dissolve two or three heaped teaspoons of salt in the water. Use as a mouthwash. Apparently tooth ache is mainly due to build up of pressure in the gum and the high salt solution uses osmosis to reduce the difference in pressure. I've had terrible toothache and this works (dentist's advice when I first did it). But will only stave off pain until you can see a professional.

Works. And you can take this from someone who is petrified of going to the dentist and will try anything to alleviate the pain to avoid going.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do you also experience a headache or is it just a toothache on its own?

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41
No help to you right now but get yourself to the chemist and buy clove oil tomorrow. It works wonders.

Worst thing ive ever bought. Tastes like shit, you can smell it for hours after you use it and if you get it on your gums or lips by mistake it stings like a bitch. Also did nothing to prevent the pain.

although most people recommend it so give it a go..

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Think of the cost of the root canal treatment you are probably going to need! That should take your mind off the pain.

Other than that, watch Marathon Man!!

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you also experience a headache or is it just a toothache on its own?

It's so intense that it has kinda transferred up my jaw and become a headache.

I think it's in the gums rather than on an exposed part of tooth as I tried numbing it with ice wrapped in towel and that did nothing.

I will definitely be booking in with the dentist first thing in the morning.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's so intense that it has kinda transferred up my jaw and become a headache.

I think it's in the gums rather than on an exposed part of tooth as I tried numbing it with ice wrapped in towel and that did nothing.

I will definitely be booking in with the dentist first thing in the morning.

I had an experience about six years ago of minor toothache and a splitting headache. I went to see my GP first as the headache was the most pronounced pain.

Then I went to see my dentist. Apparently, I'd been grinding my teeth in my sleep over the years and it had been so ground down so much that a nerve was very exposed. The dentist explained that there were a lot of connections between toothache and headache - and how the two regions were joined. Anyway, he built a cap for the exposed nerve and it sorted out my headache and toothache simultaneously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here