Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

INSURANCE stuff

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Artois's thread about insurance reminded me about a question I have. I could probably find out by actually reading the policy, but its far quicker and easier to get some ill-informed half truths and claptrap off here.

Anyway, I want a new carpet for the hallway, stairs and landing. But I don't really want to PAY for it. How about I kick a bucket of paint down the stairs and claim off the insurance ? Might be a £100 excess or something, but it'd still work out a damn sight cheaper. I've been paying that poxy policy for about 15 years now and never claimed ONCE, so I figure they OWE me by now.

Thoughts ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As long as you go Accidental Damage cover then its not a problem.

Be careful tho as some insurers will only pay up to the natural joins/breaks. So that would be just the stairs then. And if you cant get that carpet anymore...it could be green stair carpet and purple hall way/landing whatever.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

Be careful tho as some insurers will only pay up to the natural joins/breaks. So that would be just the stairs then. And if you cant get that carpet anymore...it could be green stair carpet and purple hall way/landing whatever.
How about if I fell down the stairs WITH the open paint can, spewing sticky white gloss all over the place. Stairs, hallway, the works. Then I tread it all in and leave footprints everywhere as I stagger around in a dazed state ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
How about if I fell down the stairs WITH the open paint can, spewing sticky white gloss all over the place. Stairs, hallway, the works. Then I tread it all in and leave footprints everywhere as I stagger around in a dazed state ?

Thats more like it as then they would have to replace the whole thing. Provided they believe you of course

;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats more like it as then they would have to replace the whole thing. Provided they believe you of course

;)
Ahh, theres the problem. No-one ever believes me. I've been on this site long enough to know that.
:(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
Ahh, theres the problem. No-one ever believes me. I've been on this site long enough to know that.
:(

Yes but its not us that you have to convince its the "not we" and I reckon you might be ok. Provided you can prove the damage as they may want to send a loss adjuster to visit.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have a side interest in arranging 85% of the Loss Adjusters/Assesor in the Brighton and Hove area through a pool of 23 Insurers it is highly likely I would send an assessor to repuidiate your fraudelent loss which would prevent you from obtaining any insurance including third party motor for 10 years................but good luck with it.

D

Deleted User X18H

Easy 10 said:
Artois's thread about insurance reminded me about a question I have. I could probably find out by actually reading the policy, but its far quicker and easier to get some ill-informed half truths and claptrap off here.

Anyway, I want a new carpet for the hallway, stairs and landing. But I don't really want to PAY for it. How about I kick a bucket of paint down the stairs and claim off the insurance ? Might be a £100 excess or something, but it'd still work out a damn sight cheaper. I've been paying that poxy policy for about 15 years now and never claimed ONCE, so I figure they OWE me by now.

Thoughts ?
have a side interest in arranging 85% of the Loss Adjusters/Assesor in the Brighton and Hove area through a pool of 23 Insurers it is highly likely I would send an assessor to repuidiate your fraudelent loss which would prevent you from obtaining any insurance including third party motor for 10 years................but good luck with it.

Jul 20, 2003

if you're concerned about this the simple solution is to burn the entire property down - potentiall you'll get all new stuff. Alternatively the least you can expect is free meals and accommodation for a good few years

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My sister in law dropped a hot iron on her new carpet and she claimed off her AD cover from her contents insurance.

Just remember to check what your excess is and see whether it is worth claiming, as your premiums will take a battering next year depending on who you are covered through.

A mate of mine who is a plumber once had a phone call from a potential customer ...

Potential Customer:- "My water tank has just burst and brought down the ceiling in the sitting room, ruining the carpets and the furniture".

Plumber:- "When did this happen?"

Potential Customer:- "Next Tuesday. If you can make it sometime around 11am, I'll pay you in cash".

:D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats fraud Easy and very naughty ??? :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not DONE it yet.
It was just a HYPOTHETICAL question, like.

Ahem.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Insurers will if they suspect any dodgy goings on use forensic experts. It is pretty easy to spot innocent spillage as opposed to where someone has deliberately thrown the paint. It is also pretty obvious to any loss adjuster particularly if the carpet is knackered.

You will not go to prison if caught out but you will find it impossible to get any home insurance in the future which may be okay now but major problem if you ever get a mortgage.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
pevenseagull said:
if you're concerned about this the simple solution is to burn the entire property down - potentiall you'll get all new stuff. Alternatively the least you can expect is free meals and accommodation for a good few years
This is true. I was working away last year and there was a family staying in my hotel because their house had burned down. Lucky buggers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut has managed to drop the heated iron twice on our front room carpet - very careless woman IMHO :rolleyes:

1066gull

Beach Hut said:
Mrs Hut has managed to drop the heated iron twice on our front room carpet - very careless woman IMHO :rolleyes:
Im sre there are plenty of things she could say about you.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here