Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Instead of shopping at Asda, I will mainly use...

As you boycott Asda, where will you do most of your grocery shopping?

• Tesco

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Sainsburys

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Waitrose

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Safeway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somerfield

• Morrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marks & Spencer

• Somewhere else - anywhere other than Asda

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tesco.
It's nearer, and I like the blue and white stripes they put on things.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
is there a TESCO in Brighton?

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Sainsburys.

I'm middle class you know.

Wanna go tonight mate? I've got training till 8. Go about half 8-9?

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Tesco, as there's one where near where I work.
Locally, get your arse down to Patcham Co-Op (Old London Road). Get some great offers in there.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
They have not long opened a big brand new asda in Crawley, I will not be using that!!!!!!!!!!
Tesco or Sainsbury's for me

Last edited:

Any supermarket is preferential to supporting Asda/Walmart regardless of the Albion situation, but if you're buying meat from Tesco, you should read the Viva! press release below and be careful. Of course, other major supermarkets also sell meat from pigs reared intensively - Tesco just got caught.

Tesco Exposed: Viva! Investigation Reveals Suffering on Tesco Pig Farm

A Viva! undercover investigation into a pig farm which supplies Tesco has revealed severe animal suffering and embarrassed the supermarket giant, which claims to have high animal welfare standards. Viva! secretly visited Cherry Tree Farm near Norwich, owned by the multimillion pound meat business Bowes of Norfolk in August and videoed what we found there. The Observer carried the story of our findings on 19th October in a piece entitled "Revealed: horror at Tesco pig farm". Our investigator filmed:

Dead piglets lying in breeding units next to their siblings and mothers

A deep necrotic ulcer on a sow's thigh

A pig with a severely-damaged trotter; apparently unable to stand

Maggots crawling over the corpse of a dead piglet

A sow with a weeping eye infection

A sow with a half-expelled still-born piglet hanging from her vagina.

The investigator also filmed other skin lesions, animals crowded together in pens containing large puddles of water, breeding sows confined to farrowing crates (tiny metal cages so small they are unable even to turn around), animals with no bedding and emaciated, sickly piglets. Many of these scenes are sadly familiar from other factory farm investigations but the worst appear to show disturbingly low standards on this farm.

Bowes of Norfolk is a meat processing company turning over £60 million per annum and has been a Tesco supplier for 17 years. It provides much of Tesco's pork, including all of its "Finest" range, and is featured on Tesco's website as an example of one of its best suppliers. www.tescofarming.com shows pictures of outdoor pigs and describes in detail the attention paid to their needs at farrowing. It makes no mention whatsoever of pigs reared indoors. While Tesco's high end, "Finest" products may indeed come from animals reared outdoors, its standard pork range comes from classic factory farms such as Cherry Tree.

xx

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Sainsburys.

You just can't beat their nut roast...so it's the perfect place for middle class yoghourt knitters like wot I am.

Plus I can't begin to describe the unfortunate episode involving Lord B and the lack of a steak and kidney pudding in Asda. Which I am now mainly taking as an omen of their duplicity.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Mainly TESCO I guess. As regards the post by Chemical Brother, I don't eat meat anyway so the TESCO meat section can be boycotted as well!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fortnum and Mason - accept the best !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sainsburys.

They dominate Haywards Heath. Tesco have Burgess Hill.

In the past I have shopped at ASDA as I quite liked their take-away curry's (meals for two in a small carrier bag). Still small price to pay. Your loss ASDA!:salute: :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here