Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insight Into Coventry City

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
An interesting summary of Cov's situation. Having lived in the city for 8 years, I can agree with much of what he talks about. A lot of their fans are so fed up they have become apathetic towards the club, Boothroyd's tenure was the final nail in the coffin for some. Thorn does seem to have got them playing decent football but I still expect us to beat them this season. Without Marlon King I think they will really struggle this season. They do not seem to be capable of signing anyone half decent and I would worry for their financial future were they to slip into League One.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A crying shame to see one of the famous old names in English football in such peril.

We will definitely be finishing abover cannon fodder such as these, and there are plenty more Coventrys in the Chamipnship which makes me feel so confident we can finish at least in the top six.

Oct 25, 2003
why DID they live highfield road? it was a decent stadium and wasn't exactly run down

i may be wrong but they seem to have been dying a slow death since they moved to the ricoh

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
why DID they live highfield road? it was a decent stadium and wasn't exactly run down

i may be wrong but they seem to have been dying a slow death since they moved to the ricoh

It was a nice old stadium, had a decent atmosphere unlike the Ricoh. I think the main issues were the lack of parking in the area and also the lack of facilities. Because it was right in the middle of a residential area there was no space for redevelopment. It's all new houses there now so they must have got a fair amount of cash for selling the land as well.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A crying shame to see one of the famous old names in English football in such peril.

We will definitely be finishing abover cannon fodder such as these, and there are plenty more Coventrys in the Chamipnship which makes me feel so confident we can finish at least in the top six.

I am not so sure......there is NO cannon fodder in this division, all games will be very difficult but i expect us to come out on top in a lot of them. Mid-table with a view to a possible late run to the play-offs would be a great achievement. We may get badly rolled over by a few of the teams!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here