Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries. Do you think it will be any better this season?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
@Bozza posted an interesting theory a few days ago that it was probably not intense training that caused the injuries but more a lack of fitness as the training was more technical over fitness. From what I’ve read the training is much more intense fitness wise under FH.
I would imagine fitness is key for FH, Given how he wants us to press for 90Mins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
@Bozza posted an interesting theory a few days ago that it was probably not intense training that caused the injuries but more a lack of fitness as the training was more technical over fitness. From what I’ve read the training is much more intense fitness wise under FH.
I read this as well. It does ask the question, does the medical team have any input into training methods? Be good question to ask at the next fans forum.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
So many theories doing the rounds, all based on rumour, speculation and hearsay. We had a bad season for injuries, however a couple of other teams lost more key player minutes. My theory is that these things tend to even themselves out so perhaps we are due a better run in 24/25. Any news on Enciso 😉

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Eight out injuries is not a good start . Hopefully the new medical team can work their magic

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Eight out injuries is not a good start . Hopefully the new medical team can work their magic
A few of those, I'm hopeful will be fine for the start of the season. But yes, even if it's 6 injured before we've even kicked a ball, far from ideal

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe that there could be a contingency plan happening in January.

Looks out for pre-booked reinforcements including Gomez arriving along with and a handful of critical loanees returning having only gone out on a 1/2 season loan……just in case. 👍🏻

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We're going into the season with a few injured players and also those having recently come back from injury - March, Estupinan, Verbruggen, Ferguson, Hinshelwood, Wieffer, Mitoma, Milner.

Plus we have a few that seem to be regularly picking up injuries - Pedro, Igor, Lamptey, Webster and even Enciso.

The players that are (probably) leaving are those that didn't really suffer from injuries last year (Groß, Gilmour, Buonanotte).
What you mean a few injured players , that’s almost a starting Xl

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'll nail my colours to the mast on this. Yes

- We have a new medical team presumably better. The people making the choices generally get it right.
- We have fewer games which will help massively.

Variance could always play a part, injuries can happen to the best run clubs but all things considered it should be much better

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Don't worry about it,the new Doc will sort them out.

1000001761.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll nail my colours to the mast on this. Yes

- We have a new medical team presumably better. The people making the choices generally get it right.
- We have fewer games which will help massively.

Variance could always play a part, injuries can happen to the best run clubs but all things considered it should be much better
That's better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Didn't we I let play something like 5 more games than the season before? I don't buy the more games excuse.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Didn't we let play something like 5 more games than the season before? I don't buy the more games excuse.

In 22/23, we played 8 cup matches (3 Carabao Cup matches and 5 in the FA Cup).

In 23/24, we played 4 cup matches (one Carabao Cup and 3 in the FA Cup).

So a difference of four.

With the eight European games - we played four more matches last season. More travel and tougher opposition obviously (although 22/23, we did have cup matches against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U - so not all easy).

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

So a difference of four.

With the eight European games - we played four more matches last season. More travel and tougher opposition obviously (although 22/23, we did have cup matches against Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U - so not all easy).
Yeah it's a strange argument to say we had more games. Even the travel is not that bad. Isn't Amsterdam closer than some northern EPL teams? Or at least not significantly different.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

So a difference of four.

Weren't the European games played over a far more intense period than cup games though, creating Thursdsy/weekend fixture pairs six times before Christmas.

That's when a few injuries happened. Then we had to over play players (or field inexperienced ones, putting pressure on the remaining first teamers) and rushing back players who really needed longer to tecover. It's not as simple as more or less games.

* that last sentence purely for @Harry Wilson's tackle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here