Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inglorious Bastards

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
It's an effing brilliant film. Love the bit where the Nazi scumbag gets his head caved in with a baseball bat.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I like the bit where they put about 50 bullets into Hitler's head.

It's also good because it has a lot of the heroes die which isn't the standard fair a lot of the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yeah it's really good.......didn't it get well slagged off by the critics?

oh, and shosanna is hot as f***

inglourious_basterds_2.jpg

-french
-jewish
-kills nazi's

I must say, I'm partial to a hot chick with a gun. Saw The American the other night..... nice.

Stumpy Tim

Have to say, though I did like it it's one of my least favorite QT films. I found it a bit disjointed - not a patch on Pulp Fiction, though there aren't many films that are. It's certainly enjoyable, but not one of his better films

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It a good film but not the masterpiece some people are claiming. The Jew Hunter made the film and deserved the Oscar. It started strongly and then became another Tarantino effort. Not as good as Taratino's one masterpiece, Pulp Fiction which he is unlikely to ever better but certainly a return to form for him.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It a good film but not the masterpiece some people are claiming. The Jew Hunter made the film and deserved the Oscar. It started strongly and then became another Tarantino effort. Not as good as Taratino's one masterpiece, Pulp Fiction which he is unlikely to ever better but certainly a return to form for him.

Tend to agree. The first ten minutes or so, where the Jew Hunter gets the farmer to betray the family hiding in his cellar by the sheer force of his personality, is a truly great piece of cinema. The rest is just a standard American war movie - albeit done in a more glossy style than something like 'The Longest Day'. I suppose you could also criticise it for having absolutely no basis in fact, but then, as I say, it IS a standard American war movie.

On a secondary point did anyone see the French war film Les Femmes des l'hombres? (Women of the shadows). If you want to see fit birds with guns it's not too bad.

EDIT: The English title is 'Female Agents' which isn't quite so poetical.

Stumpy Tim

This. I watched Pulp Fiction the other day again, and it's easy to forget just how good it is. Masterpiece is the right word

Dec 24, 2010
Goebbels is shown having sex from behind with his secretary. He has a shirt on, she is nude but all you can see is her shoulders and back. No "nudity" is involved. A very brief scene that lasts about 3 seconds. Still fairly explicit however. It starts 47minutes into the film

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Funny thing is would Pulp Fiction have been the masterpiece if it was shown/edited in the right order? Im not so sure.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Tend to agree. The first ten minutes or so, where the Jew Hunter gets the farmer to betray the family hiding in his cellar by the sheer force of his personality, is a truly great piece of cinema. The rest is just a standard American war movie - albeit done in a more glossy style than something like 'The Longest Day'. I suppose you could also criticise it for having absolutely no basis in fact, but then, as I say, it IS a standard American war movie.

What about the amazing scene in the bar with Michael Fassbender pretending he is German? One of the most well crafted and tense scenes I have seen for a long time.

I love IB, probably the only flaw is a major decision taken by a character at the end of the film which at the time I found hard to buy and more than a little disappointing. I've come to accept it though - the rest of the film is fantastic.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Good film.

BTW This is the only time in NSC history I will be annoyed at a thread title being correctly spelt, incorrectly.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't see this as a standard American movie at all.

Look at how Hollywood has always portrayed the Jews in WW2 movies, almost exclusively as the victims.

Here you have a film where by the Jews are brutal and in some cases mental.

You also have German characters shown resisting the Nazis.

I think if you look deeper into this film it's not like most other American war movies imo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The opening scene was a masterpiece in building suspense. Ditto the scene in the bierkeller where the Germans were wetting the baby's head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here