Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ingimarsson......sign him up Gus

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reason that Reading have released him is because he has missed many games recently through injury. We have a limited budget by Championship standards and cannot afford to take the risk of a sick note.

Isnt that a problem for Gus and TB and one that we do not know the answer to and can only speculate and give an opinion based on football ability.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're forgetting Sampoyo, Cook, Dunk, Hall, Strong and McNulty

Dunk is ok but no more at the moment and the rest are untried and their ability is unknown so if we had a run of injuries or suspensions I wouldnt want to take a chance with any of them yet, I would be reluctant to push Dunk and he is the most highly rated of them. Definitely not Cook or Hall and McNulty appears to have an attitude problem.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Ingamarsson would be a perfect signing for a team just trying to survive and avoid relegation. If TB and Gus's aim is the play-offs or higher then they should be looking for better then Igor.

Is the right answer.

It would be the right answer if we're talking about Ivar, not Igor!!!

The lad's Icelandic, not Russian! ;-D

(Sorry, couldn't resist.....)

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
"We're" getting far to arrogant! I'll take avoiding relegation next year!

It's going to be a lot harder than a lot of the people on here think!

Ivar would be a great signing, if we can afford his wages.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Ideally I would like to see Lewis Dunk given a run in the team next season, but if we have a rocky patch it would be nice to have an experienced defender to step in if Dunk lost confidence or form. On balance I agree with the last post, if we can afford his wages and if he has no serious injury problems he would be a very good addition to the squad.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

we might have to get used to loosing again?
/ that will upset a few of the new season ticket holders

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How about Paul Mcshane? i read something about him being unsure about his future.

Other Championship sides such as Barnsley are looking at him. I wouldn't mind him and I doubt that he'd be adverse to coming back either, arguably his best days were at Withdean.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's not live in the past. Was a great player for us a looooong time ago. If Reading release him (and they are where we are aiming to be) then those days are being him. A move to the bottom end of The Championship to someone like Palace would seem more appropriate.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Bloom knows better than any of us what sort of budget Gus will have, and he has targetted top 6, so that is clearly the level of signing we are chasing. Plenty onm here scoffed last summer when Bloom said he didn't expect the play-offs, the target was automatic promotion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't see it myself. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from us next season but TB has said he is targeting top 6. Ingimarsson was deemed surplus to requirements at a top 6 club, he's 33. Not saying he couldn't do a job for us but I think we should be aiming higher. Just my oppinion of course

He may be targetting top 6 but unlike last season dosent expect it, last season we had a top 6 budget, this year its a whole lot nearer bottom 6.

TB last season in my opinion expected promotion, he would be delighted in all honesty with mid table in my opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ingimarson would be an ideal back up while El Abd abd Elphick are out injured and give us the chance to see if he can still do it. I would hate Dunk to have to be thrown in at the deepend but rather brought along slowly as and when.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here