Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ingimarsson......sign him up Gus

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Released by Reading.....Ingimarsson a great centre half when he played for us and would have stayed with us had we had stayed up that year. Would be an asset and at 33 still a good 2-3 years of playing.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Might last one season in the Championship if we can keep him injury free. Good cover for the back four (he's versatile) but not more than that.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Released by Reading.....Ingimarsson a great centre half when he played for us and would have stayed with us had we had stayed up that year. Would be an asset and at 33 still a good 2-3 years of playing.

I don't see it myself. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from us next season but TB has said he is targeting top 6. Ingimarsson was deemed surplus to requirements at a top 6 club, he's 33. Not saying he couldn't do a job for us but I think we should be aiming higher. Just my oppinion of course

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Ingamarsson would be a perfect signing for a team just trying to survive and avoid relegation. If TB and Gus's aim is the play-offs or higher then they should be looking for better then Igor.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Too expensive I'd expect.

we'll be looking for up & coming talent, not people coming down expecting big earnings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very experienced and if the wage was acceptable he would be good cover for any of the back four but at 33 would he want to be cover. I am sure Notts County will be interested in him as they are many players that have become available.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
To my mind, there cannot be much justification in signing someone of 33 years with perhaps a maximum of 1/2 years of serious playing by which time fitness will become a serious issue. In any event, by the time that one such player got into the Gus way of playing, there would be no time for that individual to make any contribution to ongoing progress.

Far better, as has been proved by Gus, to identify and introduce the right 'youngster' (not necessarily a teenager) but someone who has recognised what the whole thing is about and who is obviously going to fit into the pattern.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why would we want to sign an experienced championship player with a superb attitude and work ethic????? for me he could be an ideal signing, 33yrs old is certainly not over the hill, just remember how useful Radostan was last season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Seagull_special

Why would we want to sign an experienced championship player with a superb attitude and work ethic and attitude?? for me he could be an ideal signing, 33yrs old is certainly not over the hill, just remember how useful Radostan was last season.

Not sure if that post was addressed to me or not but considering that Kish was released by Gus this close season, I think that about answers the question.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Posted by Seagull_special

Not sure if that post was addressed to me or not but considering that Kish was released by Gus this close season, I think that about answers the question.

Poppycock Kish was vital to our early season form, and more than proved his worth to us for the season. Just like Simon Morgan did about ten years ago. Not every signing needs to be long-term it's about getting the balance right, which I'm sure Gus will.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difference being that Kish was a midfield player who reached 36 years old and his legs wouldn't take him around the field as much as a 33 year old would as a defender. As I said would make a good back up player in case of injury or suspension.. This is nothing against Kish but as the season went on his influence became less and less hence being released.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did brilliantly for us before. In 2003.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Poppycock Kish was vital to our early season form, and more than proved his worth to us for the season. Just like Simon Morgan did about ten years ago. Not every signing needs to be long-term it's about getting the balance right, which I'm sure Gus will.

I am not saying that Kish did not perform anything other than very well from the point of view of the team

However, he started 10 league matches (came on in a further 11) and 4 FA cup matches which we all know how highly Gus rated the FA Cup so reflect. Does the club really want to give a contract to a 33 year old and, after all, one tier up in the Football League where the demands are that much greater. I think not !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would we want to sign an experienced championship player with a superb attitude and work ethic????? for me he could be an ideal signing, 33yrs old is certainly not over the hill, just remember how useful Radostan was last season.
The reason that Reading have released him is because he has missed many games recently through injury. We have a limited budget by Championship standards and cannot afford to take the risk of a sick note.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here