Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Information Request for Swansea Matchday Programme

For away fans :annoyed::annoyed:

I know but hey it got a laugh :D:D:D

Are you enjoying the irony of Cardiff being in the Cup Final.

its been on their doorstep for the past six years, and they couldn't get near it. Now its back at Wembley (a worse stadium in a worse location) and Bingo - lets all travel east........:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
If this turns out to be a meaningless game for us and lets face it that is highly likely then I see no reason why we shouldn't give the East Stand behind the goal over to Swansea fans as well. That would increase their allocation to around 1,500. We may as well cash in if the demand is there.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I've already had swansea fans at work onto me to get tickets in the home end; the away end sold out and they're like gold dust apparently. So I'll oblige given they're all good blokes.

stevethejack

Apr 7, 2008
If this turns out to be a meaningless game for us and lets face it that is highly likely then I see no reason why we shouldn't give the East Stand behind the goal over to Swansea fans as well. That would increase their allocation to around 1,500. We may as well cash in if the demand is there.

That's exactly what Bury did for us 3 years ago. We took over the stand behind the goal and one alongside the pitch. They put their season ticket holders in two stands to make way for our 5,500 fans. With 2,000 Bury fans, it was like a home game. Their club-house was split in two, one half each, they doubled their entrance fee, we drunk loads and increased their bar takings massively.

We had loads of tickets and Bury made pots loads of cash - everyone's a winner.

Well, promotion was secured, and after a very nice trip to Gillingham I'm hoping to make the game at the Withdean. With promotion secured, hopefully Saturday will bring us the championship.

Good luck guys, and if you don't make the play offs this year, do it in style next year.

Cheers, until the 2009/2010 season :bigwave:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This raises an interesting question actually.

If the club isn't expecting a large home crowd, should they sell that stand to the right of the goal at the other end to Swansea fans ?

Logistically - it raises policing issue etc..

But worthy of debate

EDITED - sorry mentioned above, but interesting question all the same

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lovely post on a Swans board regarding the possibility of a beam back

It would be daft if Brighton refused, it's partly their fault that they don't have a big away end in the first place. Plus many fans would be travelling to Brighton without tickets anyway - so it may limit those people going if it was beamed back.

ok :D:D

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i might TOUT my ticket on the black market

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
On 3 May, I may well have my mind on the Conference South playoffs. Especially if Lewes beat Fisher Athletic on Wednesday.

I noticed on last weeks 'Big Match' that Newport were leading Div 3 (where we are now) heading into the latter stages of the season. What happened?

BTW, this weeks BM will be our cup semi-final v Sheff Weds. I think we win!

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here