Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Information Request for Swansea Matchday Programme

stevethejack

Apr 7, 2008
Hope you guys can help. I write for the Swansea City matchday programme about away games, how to get there, where to drink etc.

I have enough information on pubs, directions and admission prices, but this year I’m hoping to add a bit more to it, by asking fans of the forthcoming away game what they think is;

The best thing about your club
The worse thing about your club
What is your prediction for the game against the Swans?
Where do you think Brighton will finish at the end of the season?

Your response could be printed in the Swansea City matchday programme for the game against Yeovil on Saturday 19th April and the game against Leyton Orient on Saturday 26th April, so please avoid libellous or defamatory comments, and if you would like your name in the Swans programme please give it.

Thanks very much – and good luck getting into the play-offs!
Steve

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Hope you guys can help. I write for the Swansea City matchday programme about away games, how to get there, where to drink etc.

I have enough information on pubs, directions and admission prices, but this year I’m hoping to add a bit more to it, by asking fans of the forthcoming away game what they think is;

The best thing about your club
The worse thing about your club
Where do you think Brighton will finish at the end of the season?

Your response could be printed in the Swansea City matchday programme for the game against Yeovil on Saturday 19th April and the game against Leyton Orient on Saturday 26th April, so please avoid libellous or defamatory comments, and if you would like your name in the Swans programme please give it.

Thanks very much – and good luck getting into the play-offs!
Steve[/QUOTE

Steve

Best thing about this club....the fans and chairman
Worst thing about this club...the withdean
If you have gone up as champs....Brighton win
If you need a point or a win to go up....Swans win
Brighton will come 8th at the end of the season

Good luck in the championship next year:thumbsup:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Best thing: the away support - noisy, committed and a great bond with the players
Worst thing: that's easy, Withdean: the theatre of trees but very hard to create a proper atmosphere. Roll on the new Stadium at Falmer by 2010.
Score v Swansea: 2-2 draw.
If we finish in the top 10 it will represent excellent progress and, given our emerging young players such as Tommy Elphick, bodes well for the future.

Good luck in the Championship, we all hate Baadiff from our days beating them in the lower leagues.

Peter Grummitt, Lewes.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The best thing about your club = I love them so everything about them is the Best!
The worse thing about your club = Withdean
What is your prediction for the game against the Swans? = Draw
Where do you think Brighton will finish at the end of the season? = 10th

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Best thing: The fans; home and away, through the good times and the bad.
Worst: The athletics ground which is our home (sorry about the view from the away end!)
Prediction: Brighton 1-1 Swansea
Position: 8th

Nick Clayton, Worthing

A result that confirms Swansea as Champions, followed by a huge party that Withdean hasn't seen since we beat Swindon in the playoffs a few years back. Whether the result you want comes against us or at Brunton Park remains to be seen.

Ed Bassford, Firle

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Best thing: Good family club, with excellent community programmes (the best in the country), and approachable board, an ever-improving squad and a bunch of fickle, yet happily noisy supporters...

Worst thing: ...except at Withdean. The worst league ground in the country.

Match prediction: If you need the win, you'll get it. If you're already champions, a handsome win for us. If we need to win to get into the play-offs, a handsome win for you. Other than that, a draw. There, I think that's all the bases covered.

Season's finish: I said 10th at the start of the season, and I'm sticking to it.

Large Al, Brighton

PS - if you're going to be having a pleasant celebratory end of season piss-up in our fair City by the Sea, can we come and join in? We're f***ing ace at parties we are. We know the best places for beer, where to go to make up for the lack of lonely sheep, where to avoid, and the best kebabs... :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The best thing about your club - Togetherness. The fact that we got through the bad times, thanks to the fans of ALL clubs who helped.

The worse thing about your club - Easy one that is, Withdean.

Prediction for the game against the Swans? - Heart says Albion win, head says Swansea win confirming Swansea as champions.

Brighton finish at the end of the season? - 9th or 10th

Good luck in the Championship.

John King, Southwick (W Sx)

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
The best thing about your club - The fans are fantastic both supporting the club and rallying to fight our cause for Falmer.Also they do amazing things in the community.

The worse thing about your club -The theatre of trees as known as Withdean, but on the flip side only two more years in that dump and after visiting your new stadium twice this season (Once league and once in the Paint pot) im looking forward to having something we can call home again.

Prediction for the game against the Swans? Honestly i think we will lose this but would love it to be the weekend the swans are confirmed as league champions as this would make a fantastic atmosphere for would could be your last trip to Withdean!!

Brighton finish at the end of the season: 6th, would love to make the playoffs but i dont think we are ready to go up this season.

Good luck for the championship.

Alex, Sussex

P.S i heard REVENGE is a good night out if your making a weekend of it :jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The best thing about your club - Thousands of dedicated fans that saved the club.

The worse thing about your club - Apathetic locals who are quite content to watch Premier rubbish on the box.

Prediction for the game against the Swans? - The Swans are slain by the mighty Seagulls.

Brighton finish at the end of the season? - 1st. Oh, has that gone? 8th.

Bas, Brighton.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The best thing about your club - The fact we still have one.

The worse thing about your club - The ground we play at - easily the worst in the Country. Bring your Binos for the view from the Away (Hove) end

Prediction for the game against the Swans? - I saw your lot at Horsham and wasn't really impressed - you must have saved your best for the League. I believe you will be up already, and we'll be out of the running for a play off spot so a 1-1 draw.

Brighton finish at the end of the season? - 9th or 10th

Good Luck next Season anyway

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just a few words to clear up the impression that Withdean is a dump. It's actually not and, ona nice sunny May day with blue skies, warm sun and trees in full bloom, it's an ideal place to spend a Saturday......

....that's if you were longing about watching cricket or athletics. Trouble is, for football it's often cold & wet and, especially for you guys in the away end, bring some binoculars if you want to see the game.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
The best thing about your club - The fans especially the away support. The bond between players and fans.

The worse thing about your club - Is easily Withdean. Cant wait till Falmer:falmer:

Prediction for the game against the Swans? - 1-0 Brighton

Brighton finish at the end of the season? - 6th we will sneek it after beating you.

Enjoy the championship!:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
1. Fans United will never be defeated. I'm proud to say I've be along for the whole ride, done my bit and looking forward to our new home and good times ahead.
2. Withdean - hate it
3&4 - past caring, we blew our season last w/e.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
The best thing about your club - Our superb fans who, whether young, old, rich, poor, fought together to save our club creating a special bond between the club and it's fans that is so evident at away games especially.

The worse thing about your club - Other fans thinking we're poorly supported because they don't understand the realities of playing every week at an athletics track.

Prediction for the game against the Swans? - It would be great if both teams have something to celebrate at the end of the match.

Brighton finish at the end of the season? - I would have been happy with mid table obscurity at the start of the season but now I've started dreaming of a play off spot.

stevethejack

Apr 7, 2008
Thanks guys - amazing response. Going to have to call a halt on any more additions, as we'd need a whole programme for your comments.

Hopefully by the time we're down your way we'll already be up and it'll be party time. I'd gladly give you the 3 points then.

Maybe have problems getting tickets for your place (even in my capacity of programme contributor), we've sold our 1,450 tickets for Saturday's trip to Gillingham and the game is being beamed backed to the Liberty to around 2,200. Demand will certainly outweight supply for the game at the Withdean

We'll only get 700 tickets, so expect a few Welsh accents in the home end. That's were I'm hoping to be if I can't get a ticket. Although according to your OS Tickets for this match are only available to existing members of the Albion ticket database (ie supporters who have purchased tickets in the past) so maybe stuck!

:albion2: if we're up on the 3rd

A result that confirms Swansea as Champions, followed by a huge party that Withdean hasn't seen since we beat Swindon in the playoffs a few years back. Whether the result you want comes against us or at Brunton Park remains to be seen.

Ed Bassford, Firle

and that from aNewport County fan:ohmy::eek::eek:

Thanks guys - amazing response. Going to have to call a halt on any more additions, as we'd need a whole programme for your comments.

Hopefully by the time we're down your way we'll already be up and it'll be party time. I'd gladly give you the 3 points then.

Maybe have problems getting tickets for your place (even in my capacity of programme contributor), we've sold our 1,450 tickets for Saturday's trip to Gillingham and the game is being beamed backed to the Liberty to around 2,200. Demand will certainly outweight supply for the game at the Withdean

We'll only get 700 tickets, so expect a few Welsh accents in the home end. That's were I'm hoping to be if I can't get a ticket. Although according to your OS Tickets for this match are only available to existing members of the Albion ticket database (ie supporters who have purchased tickets in the past) so maybe stuck!

:albion2: if we're up on the 3rd
then there will be plenty of empty seats................
Demand will certainly outweight supply for the game at the Withdean? that's unlikely given we only play to 66.2% capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here