Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Information For Those Travelling To Cardiff

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Curious Orange said:
A word of warning for those who decide to get the train from Cardiff Central to Ninian Park - not all the trains TLB has mentioned will go via Ninian Park as there are two routes to those destinations.

The trains I mentioned (11-39, 11-47, 12-39, 12-47, 13-39 and 14-39) definitely do go via Ninian Park. However, there are other Pontypridd and Taffs Well services that don't.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If you are getting the train from Brighton to Cardiff along the coast (change at Fratton or Southampton and then get the chugger), it is worth noting that you are best buying 2 tickets (especially if you have a network card).

Buy a ticket from Brighton to Salisbury with your network card for £15.65 and then the Salisbury for Cardiff bit for £21.10 (no discount on this as it is out of the network coverage).

For those going this route with a YP card, do not buy a ticket from Brighton to Cardiff, this will cost you £35. Again break the journey up. A ticket from Brighton to Salisbury will cost £15.65 and then the Salisbury to Cardiff but is £13.95.

How stupid is that?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Cheers TLB.

One other thing to bear in mind next weekend is that Wales are away to Italy in some egg chasing thingy. This kicks off at 1.30, so I'm guessing some of the city centre pubs may be busier than usual.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As we are staying with Friends in Wiltshire after the match, I managed to book an Apex single from Durrington to Cardiff for £10.50. I will be on the same train as Uncle Buck.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
One other thing to bear in mind next weekend is that Wales are away to Italy in some egg chasing thingy. This kicks off at 1.30, so I'm guessing some of the city centre pubs may be busier than usual.

Good point, Sonic. As I've no interest whatsoever in the egg I'd missed that. All of the pubs are likely to be slightly busier than normal, but if my local is anything to go by then the Italy game shouldn't make too much difference. It's not one of the major fixtures.

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Might make this match and hit the city centre for the night,great place indeed is cardiff.:drink:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
TLB, somebody told me that there is a pub called the Good Companions not far from Ninian Park, which they said would welcome away fans.

I tried finding it on my last visit but couldn't, listening to directions is not my strong point!!

Any advice?:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The Wookiee said:
TLB, somebody told me that there is a pub called the Good Companions not far from Ninian Park, which they said would welcome away fans.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Somebody doesn't like you then! The Goodies is in Llanrumney, many miles from Ninian Park. And it's as rough as hell!

Here's the write-up from the pub guide:

"Deep in the heart of Llanrumney, it is not best practice to stumble in here and drop the jackpot from one of the machines already ploughed by one of the hooligans that frequent this pub. Sorry, maybe the landlords are great? Maybe, they do try? They are probably too scared to do any improvements as you can only nail the furniture down so much!"

Click on the pub guide link I posted, then click on Cardiff East. There you will find details of the Goodies. You DON'T want to go in there, believe me!

I was going to say something about "not coming for a poxy point" and keeping "off the pitch while sam and the boys do their lap of honour" but I keep thiking of the marvallus conections between us and Cariff-

.........................................Mark Walton, Alan Cork, Kurt Nogan:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
How about Richard Carpenter, Graham Moseley, Charlie Oatway, Phil Stant, Ian Baird, Peter Sayer and Dean Saunders. Not forgetting the fantastic Mark Farrington and the brilliant Mickey Bennett of course.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
If you are coming to Cardiff next week then it's a good idea to book an overnight stay and check out some of the clubs on Saturday night. We have the best looking female fans in the world.

Strangley enough the best collection of gorgeous females I have seen in a place outside Sussex is Swansea...Top totty all over the place.

Also, I have never seen a list of pubs to avoid as big as the one you have posted...Not that is bothers me much as this game is going to be my 3rd miss of the season.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Thimble Keegan said:
Also, I have never seen a list of pubs to avoid as big as the one you have posted...Not that is bothers me much as this game is going to be my 3rd miss of the season.

Don't worry. The pubs are fine in Milton Keynes. That's where Huddersfield are playing next week, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Cardiff & Wales forever.

Laughing Bluebird
Cardiff CF14

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Don't worry. The pubs are fine in Milton Keynes. That's where Huddersfield are playing next week, isn't it? :thumbsup:

Cardiff & Wales forever.

Laughing Bluebird
Cardiff CF14

I have no idea and even if the Albion were playing there I would boycott going to Milton Kenyes like I am boycotting going to Ninian Park.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Thimble Keegan said:
I have no idea and even if the Albion were playing there I would boycott going to Milton Kenyes like I am boycotting going to Ninian Park.

Good for you. Well done.

How about Richard Carpenter, Graham Moseley, Charlie Oatway, Phil Stant, Ian Baird, Peter Sayer and Dean Saunders. Not forgetting the fantastic Mark Farrington and the brilliant Mickey Bennett of course.

Indeed... we could make up a rather fine XI of players who have been absolutely top notch brilliant for BHA and utter pants for Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here