Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Info Required from the Rozzers on here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
*sighs*

A police officer (and other emergency response drivers), where appropriately trained, may exceed the boundaries of various motoring regulations (principally red traffic signals, speed limits etc), if it would impede his/her ability to carry out his/her job otherwise.

If you wish to get technical, there is nothing in there about blue lights or sirens: the guideline is that they (as with any signal) should be used where appropriate.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...presumably not when you are on the way to Asda to do some shopping!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
cheers Keiron

£17.50!!! Cheeky beggars!

There is nothing on there that says its mandatory, but I suppose I should update it!
Don't do it !!

Once you update to a photo licence you have to renewing it every 10 years , at a cost!!!!! as i understand it,:tosser:
with the old paper type, (which i still have) they don't need renewing till your 70.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe they are speeding as they need to urgently shoot some innocent electricians? Has anyone thought of this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont know watt you are talking about?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can I also add a question to the Ask the Police forum, last night at Asda a very attractive female PC pulled up outside in the yellow "dont park here grid" and went into the store, anticipating a shop lifter scenario breaking i hung around to see the scene play out, about ten minutes later she came out with two bags of shopping and shot off:shootself

Its amazing how the customers become polite and well behaved when a uniformed police officer is going around doing their shopping. Having a police vehicle parked up outside also acts as a deterrent to the shoplifting chav druggie pikey scum that are up to no good.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
A few weeks back I pulled up outside my local chinese takeaway to pop in and get dinner. I was on those zig-zaggy lines near a zebra crossing. A traffic cop driving the other way stopped and told me to move my car immediately or he would give me a ticket.

He wouldn't listen to my "I'll be back out in a minute" argument, so I parked 20 odd yards further away. When I went into the takeaway, the guy in there asked me what all that was about so I told him.

He said, they've got a cheek, they always park there to come in and get their takeaway!!!

Double standards indeed! Do as I say not as I do!!

There is a difference in parking on those zig-zaggy lines and on yellow lines. Where you parked the officer would have been quite entitled to give you a larger fine and points or summons you to court as this is an endorsable offence. It is much more serious if you are blocking the approach to a crossing (and hence the pedestrian's view of oncoming traffic) than it is to park on yellows. I'm not doubting what the shop keeper said but I would be extremely surprised if the police had parked there before as they are liable to prosecution as much as anyone else. Members of the public can always complain if they break the law and the officer who parked there could be in a lot of trouble. Sorry to sound like I'm preaching but parking near a crossing is not on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here