Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Info about Brighton..

CanaryYellow

Feb 12, 2010
You've got 20k season ticket holders because of all the kids concessions you give so it's not a statistic that stands up to close scrutiny is it? That said, nothing we won't be doing with Falmer. Norwich and Brighton are similar sized clubs, no matter what some of your more deluded fans may think. Cheers

I don't really agree that we are of the same gravitas at the moment and I'd say it's been that way for a little while now, but that's not to say we won't be next season. Our playing budget is obviously going to be higher as it stands and our facilities are currently better, but if your stadium move pans out in the way you hope then you'll be alongside us next season on all counts I would say.

Whatever happens this season (and for what it's worth I think you'll go up), if you have 15k season ticket holders next season then getting out of league one is only a matter of time. It's a shit league but the clubs with the big turnovers get out pretty quickly in the end.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I heard Stephen Fry was off to Ipswich anyway

CanaryYellow

Feb 12, 2010
Just because he's put in a transfer request, don't presume he's going to Norwich. I think you'll find it'll be more of a big club with potential like Doncaster, Preston or Barnsley rather than the likes of a yo-yo team like Norwich he'll go to.

Besides, Lambert's being offered the Sheff United job when Micky Adams is sacked next week and so Stephen Fry won't allow him to make any signings.

The worst thing is for you guys is that I've also heard from a mate whose got a friend whose brothers wife works in the Norwich ticket office says that Wes Hoolahan and Grant Holt are off to West Ham next week.

Oh shit??! Really? In that case I'm off to support Ipswich.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How many 1901 ST holders do we have for next season? I heard that we had a higher number % wise (capacity vs executive seats) than the Emirates so I would imagine that providing regular ST sales go as well as planned, the capacity off 22.5k is likely to yield a revenue higher than the capacity would suggest, that and we dont have crippling interest payments to make to a bank .. Worth thinking about!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Grant Holt to West Ham :lolol:

If Holt is a Premier League striker then I'm Nelson Mandela.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yep. We have a new stadium, capacity of 22.5k, expandable to 30k. It is being paid for, using Tony Bloom's cash (which means that the Club will have no interest-bearing debt). And we anticipate selling 15 thousand season tickets. We have the best manager in the division, who has got the best out of the squad, by playing tippy-tappy football like you don't see elsewhere at this level. We have been top of the league since September and are now 6 points clear with games in hand over the chasing pack.

What's to be gloomy about?

Nail, head, etc. Now will you nice East Anglians get back to chasing sheep.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Grant Holt to West Ham :lolol:

If Holt is a Premier League striker then I'm Nelson Mandela.

He's done well for them but he's still a League Two striker at heart, loads of effort, lots of attitude but not much finesse.

CanaryYellow

Feb 12, 2010
Not really sure what I did to warrant the abuse from a few of you - but I suppose this is your board so its your perogative.

Good luck for the rest of the season and the next few too. I hope you hang on at the top - league 1 is relatively weak this season I think so it's there for what ever club wants to grab the bull by the horns. If you have a wobble (and you will at some point) I hope you retain the belief you have in your club that you've shown us over the last day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How much is a season ticket at Nowrich. I would like to muchly know.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This thread is 14 Carrot gold....OOPS ! after talking to my agent.. it's 18 Carrot

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wish these Norwich fans wouldn't try to pretend to be "coming in peace". Registering and posting on our site is "coming to gloat", however you phrase it. I went to see Norwich a couple of years ago when I happened to be there for the weekend, and thought they seemed like one of the more sympathetic clubs - and one with a huge catchment area, being in the middle of nowhere. This view is rapidly changing. For some reason I'll suddenly be very happy if they don't make it up.

Let's see if TB really does let him go first.

I think part of the reason Norwich's support holds up is that it's so far away from anywhere else - people can get to London easily from Brighton, but the roads into and out of East Anglia are uniformly terrible and the rail route is one of the most expensive in Europe, so there's not much alternative.

And such isolation can lead to a slightly skewed view of the world. I've been to a few Old Farm derbies at Carrow Road (which takes forever to get to) and Portman Road (a more welcoming place, I have to say), and I had to laugh at the Ipswich fans having a go at Narch for being country bumpkins - being such urban sophisticates themselves ....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think part of the reason Norwich's support holds up is that it's so far away from anywhere else - people can get to London easily from Brighton, but the roads into and out of East Anglia are uniformly terrible and the rail route is one of the most expensive in Europe, so there's not much alternative.

Which would go a long way to explain why they 'keep to themselves', if you know what I mean.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi everyone,

Hello

As you'll note from my user name, I'm a Norwich fan. I've been reading the threads regarding Bennett and off the back of those have a couple of questions. I'm not trolling or WUM-ing or anything else, just very curious as I know little about your club.

Okie dokie

There's quite a few references in the Bennett threads about Brighton being as big a club as Norwich, or just a season behind us as some have said. I was just wondering what was going on to elevate your expectations so dramatically?

You were at the same season status as us last campaign, League 1. Being a season behind surely means we will be once again crossing swords next season in the Championship? Season caught up.

You're right, we have debt. However it is secured and reducing in size and not a threat to the security of our clubs future as it stands. But what makes us the club we are is that we have 20,000 season ticket holders, that's a huge achievement and one we're very proud of and rightly so in my opinion. Our average attendence is around 25k and we kept those numbers last season too.

A secured debt means if you don't pay it back you'll be clobbered, insolvency, blah blah. Our loan is unsecured, hence if we default we are not expected to repay it and it has little recourse in the courts. We had very good support at our club but this has dwindled due to bad management and piss poor facilities for the past 30 years. Before that we regularly averaged around the 20,000.

I know you're moving to a new stadium, and I guess that'll mean you have facilities similar to ours. Are you anticipating filling the stadium next season? If you did, and were in the championship that would put you in great shape to push on, in the same way that Swansea have I suppose.

Our facilities will be brand new and state of the art, your facilities will pale into insignificance although you would never admit to it.

I hope my question comes accross in the way it is intended, whatever happens over the next 3 days I wish your club all the best, you clearly all think you're going in the right direction and rapidly, make the most of that momentum, that's exactly what we've done and we're loving it.

You come accross a tad arrogant, and I am looking forward to seeing our boys do it on the pitch next season and ramming it down the throats of people that feel they can lord it over us and just treat other clubs with utter contempt. Having said that good luck to Norwich, a pretty harmless but twee club with rednecks for supporters. Can't get it all perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here