Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Infighting amongst our fans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Calling out racism doesn’t mean someone is left wing. The Tories, Liberals and Labour are all against racism (apart from maybe Braverman).
It is silly making racism a political issue. Most folk aren't especially political and the debate gets stolen by extremes.

If we did look at rosettes, I suspect those who condemned what happened last night would make a colourful bunch in a vase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From one tedious gobshite to another, I’m not sure there’s be anyone left to post on NSC if that gets cut down on?
Good point well made.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Was all digital tickets last night. Last season they were checking, as you say, the handwritten paper tickets, but not last night.
Ah yes of course - didn't go, so forgot. Hopefully the hand-writing of names will be consigned to the past very soon. But I've just received my Stoke ticket....the handwriting I have to say is impeccable, and they've even spelled my name correctly, which is not always the case!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Firstly - racism is unacceptable, at any level. If identified then a long ban should follow.
However, bad language e.g. c**t, whilst overused by those with serious IQ issues, has been part of football (and working class society) since time began. My response to "women and children nearby" is - it's Palace away, what the hell do you expect? If you don't want your 11 year old or your girlfriend to be exposed to that then don't take them to Palace away. It really is that simple.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ah yes of course - didn't go, so forgot. Hopefully the hand-writing of names will be consigned to the past very soon. But I've just received my Stoke ticket....the handwriting I have to say is impeccable, and they've even spelled my name correctly, which is not always the case!
You wouldn't think 'Jim in the West' would be taxing to spell.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There does seem to be an element to our away support these days sadly - mostly pissed/coked-up lads. It's always a consideration when I book away tickets - don't wanna be in the middle of 'em, but there's no way of knowing... At least with terraces you could move away from the dickheads.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yikes. Hopefully somebody did report this or the met spotted it because that’s awful.
I know that the F word has become endemic in football now, (and in everyday life really), and although l don't like it l have largely learned to live with it.

The C word though l simply won't tolerate, and so yes he should definately have been reported.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Firstly - racism is unacceptable, at any level. If identified then a long ban should follow.
However, bad language e.g. c**t, whilst overused by those with serious IQ issues, has been part of football (and working class society) since time began. My response to "women and children nearby" is - it's Palace away, what the hell do you expect? If you don't want your 11 year old or your girlfriend to be exposed to that then don't take them to Palace away. It really is that simple.
I have a serious potty mouth. I would say overused. I blame the word 'f***'. It's the most adaptable in the English Language. I think my IQ is about average.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I know that the F word has become endemic in football now, (and in everyday life really), and although l don't like it l have largely learned to live with it.

The C word though l simply won't tolerate, and so yes he should definately have been reported.
Coon or **** sorry?

The first, for obvious reasons is racist and should never be tolerated and always reported.

However, ****? Although vulgar, has a time and place and if I was ever reported for using the word at Palace away would make me serious doubt what way society is going by people being offended by such words.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Coon or **** sorry?

The first, for obvious reasons is racist and should never be tolerated and always reported.

However, ****? Although vulgar, has a time and place and if I was ever reported for using the word at Palace away would make me serious doubt what way society is going by people being offended by such words.
The quoted post is about the word coon, so I assume he means that

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a serious potty mouth. I would say overused. I blame the word 'f***'. It's the most adaptable in the English Language. I think my IQ is about average.
Same, I do try and curb it, but sometimes it just flows. I'm sure everytime I educate myself about something I leak a bit too 🙄

derogatory racist words and phrases, particularly c**n, I haven't heard since school in the early 80's, even then it was kids using words for effect or in jokes rather than in a real situation.

Someone must know who said that last night, either they get/got a good shoeing, or will get grassed up and banned. Preferably both . . . Being 'over refreshed' is no excuse for being a f***ing c**t. Oops, I did it again.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have heard racist comments at Brighton games but not for many years. I remember a game against WBA at the Goldstone where their four black forwards lined up on the halfway line for kick off and there was loads of abuse shouted…that was on the East Terrace.
The Three Degrees days ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've never been ID checked, never seen it in action either
I’ve had to pick up tickets from the away ticket office at Arsenal and been ID checked at Palace last season and Wolves this season. It does happen but “random” is just that.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Oh dear what a sad thread. Unfortunately some people are just inconsiderate of others, it's not confined to football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The equation is simple: alcohol + coke = aggression
Sure, in some people, a minority. I know loads of people that willl dabble and they don’t go like that. I think maybe + football needs to be in there 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here