Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
We could make our own and sell them, if there's a market for this sort of thing. Can't take much doing:

"Why don't you kill yourself? You ain't no good to no one else".

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Stumbled across this site, this morning. Wall prints for 80s Indie kids. Some are great. I like the more cryptic ones.

If I had any control whatsoever over what goes on the walls of my house, I'd have a couple of these in my Xmas stocking.

https://www.etsy.com/ch-en/listing/...sunken canoe - the most brilliant Go-Betweens

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Some people travel around the world to show everyone they're sure about themselves. BTW, given the farcical Bands of the 80s final, who do we think would win a C86 competition? Final between Tramway and The Batchelor Pad?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some people travel around the world to show everyone they're sure about themselves. BTW, given the farcical Bands of the 80s final, who do we think would win a C86 competition? Final between Tramway and The Batchelor Pad?

Depends on your criteria for inclusion, and on who you allow to vote.

If it's C86ish it could be anyone. If it's bands from the original tape, it must be Primal Scream or JAMC. PS would win an open vote, but they'd be voting for them based on later output that was far from C86...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

If it's C86ish it could be anyone. If it's bands from the original tape, it must be Primal Scream or JAMC. PS would win an open vote, but they'd be voting for them based on later output that was far from C86...

JAMC are only on the 3xCD version, so, if we were doing it on the original only, I would guess a Primal Scream v Wedding Present final. If it was opened up to all 80s indie, I would think The Smiths would triumph. If it was artists who have released a record on Creation and we banned Oasis, it could be anyone's game.

boik

Would have to be Mr Gedge for me, with an honourable mention for HMHB for always making me laugh.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Would have to be Mr Gedge for me, with an honourable mention for HMHB for always making me laugh.

My mum looked like Nery Hughes in the 80s and sometimes got mistaken for her. What with the backlash after the release by HMHB, she rarely went out post 1986 until the furore had died down.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Great minds! I would add The June Brides and McCarthy but there are so many worthy of entry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here