NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bring back Broad....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I take it India won the toss again, making it 3 times in a row, which should make a big difference in India, where the pitches deteriorate. It makes me think they should toss a coin for the first match, and they can take turns every match after that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
273-7 at close, not a bad days work from the England bowlers :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
23 Hundreds for Cook, England's highest number of centuries. 7000 test runs, the youngest player ever to reach that figure. 27 years old. Take a bow son!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They're turning into the India we played last year.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
On CricInfo they said he's the youngest person to 7000 test runs.

If he can remain injury free and retain the sort of form he is showing now, he is going to obliterate all English Test batting records, he may even challenge Ponting and even Sachin's test records. To show how young he still is Compton is 2 years older than him.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Compton gone. We're DOOMED.

D

Deleted member 18477

i havent been watching much of this series due to the time of it and having work etc but have been watching the highlights when i can. Cook has the best technique i've ever seen from an english batsman IMO. Trescothick and Vaughan come close in recent times but Cook is simply a technician! what a player and i seriously cannot wait for the back to back Ashes series coming up in 2013 (In Eng) and 2013-14 (In Aus)! it will be Cook vs Clarke - although i think the rest of our batsman are better and our bowlers are seriously good in both the english and aussie conditions. Anderson, Broad, Finn, Tremlett, Bresnan, Swann, Panesar.... is this our most golden era in cricket? i will cherish this while it lasts at least...

larus

If he can remain injury free and retain the sort of form he is showing now, he is going to obliterate all English Test batting records, he may even challenge Ponting and even Sachin's test records. To show how young he still is Compton is 2 years older than him.

My thoughts exactly; hadn't given any thought to the fact that he's younger than Compton.

We should savor this; to get a true world-class player is a special thing. By this I mean someone who consistently performs; not in fits and starts.

Also, that's 5 tons in his first 5 tests as captain.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think England have just about SHADED it today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here