Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

India v England - 3rd Test at Calcutta

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a bad morning India are 90/2 with Sehwag and Pujara out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
215-5 Swann removes Yuvraj

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
215-5 Swann removes Yuvraj
Yuvraj and Tendulkar were getting on top of England there.

Honours even so far I'd say, maybe slightly in England's favour given an outfield where batsmen are getting full value for their shots.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Honours even so far I'd say, maybe slightly in England's favour given an outfield where batsmen are getting full value for their shots.

It does seem to be swinging towards England if you believe what Boycott has said:

"The pitch is going to get lower and slower. It looks ugly because of the cracks but this a good batting pitch. I am not sure it's a fair pitch for the bowlers and I am not sure it's good for Test cricket. It may turn later but for two days, perhaps three, you have got to fill your boots as a batsman."

That probably points to England getting skittled though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Damn, meant to get up early this morning to watch but forgot it was on! Still, at least I'm WFH today so got it on now.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Considering India have scored 600+ in each of the last three games here, I'd say it's absolutely in England's favour at the moment considering they lost the toss

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're absolutely right, but I just don't trust England to build an enormous score themselves. You can never really tell who's on top until the second team have batted for a session or two.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Let's not forget only 2 batsmen really performed for England in the last test, we need more of the top order consistently getting scores.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
TWO seamer wickets :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here