Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Increase the North stand capacity

wolfeeboy

Jan 8, 2012
Shoreham by sea
I couldn't help but notice in my first time not to watch from the North stand, how unintimidating it looks, and how from the halfway line it's easily drowned out by a full away end. Blog at wolf-e-boy.com/ blog on 2012 says the rest, from the Wrexham game. Comments please

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well other than the corners adding to it, it ain't going to get any bigger so best get used to it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
We have a Unique stadium. The North may be small but on its day can create an amazing atmosphere. The north cannot be extended any further back without changing the external structure.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well it will be when the North east corner is filled in, there appears to be almost a complete block missing form the North stand at the Eastern end of it. Apart from that I don't see how the capacity could be increased with the roof the shape it is.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Agree on the 'drowned out' comment.. I'm in the East, just outside the South Stand penalty box, and I can barely hear the North most of the game. I can usually tell what song they're singing, but not really able to make out any words.

D

Deleted member 18477

And that is why the west stand is THE stand to be in ;)!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know they can't move the roof but what if they changed the angle of the steps so it went right up to the roof, you could do it round the NE corner without affecting anyone else's view. That would be anazing, you wouldn't get many more seats in but it would be like a proper home end behind the goal.

northstandrake.jpg

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Agree on the 'drowned out' comment.. I'm in the East, just outside the South Stand penalty box, and I can barely hear the North most of the game. I can usually tell what song they're singing, but not really able to make out any words.

Don't get this at all - I'm in the Lower west on the penalty line and when it gets going you can hear the north clear as a bell!! Only problem is half the time it's 'we're the north stand.................' nonsense!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're talking about the possiblility of sticking a tier above the South, so why not on the North too?, or instead of

Its not really another tier going in above the south. Its a few rows of 1901-style seats going in to serve an additional hospitality suite in the south stand (hence the whacking great hole in the back of the south stand wall at the moment). Its clearly already been designed with that in mind. I'm not sure if the stadium structure could accomdate the same in the North - I suspect not, or they'd have done it already.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
When the seats go in the south corners, the problem at that end will be solved as there'll be Brighton fans behind both goals - plenty of opportunity to make a racket all round the ground. The North is loud and clear on the halfway line incidentally.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I couldn't help but notice in my first time not to watch from the North stand, how unintimidating it looks, and how from the halfway line it's easily drowned out by a full away end. Blog at wolf-e-boy.com/ blog on 2012 says the rest, from the Wrexham game. Comments please

Restricted by the site, and sloped roof to 'fit in' with the Downs, that got us planning permission.
The siite cannot take a mini-Kop.
Just have to get used to it, and admire the many pluses such as the WS, and 2 deck ES to come. A beautiful stadium.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know they can't move the roof but what if they changed the angle of the steps so it went right up to the roof, you could do it round the NE corner without affecting anyone else's view. That would be anazing, you wouldn't get many more seats in but it would be like a proper home end behind the goal.

northstandrake.jpg

I went on a tour pre-opening and the area behind the camera gantry is massive and completely empty currently. I can't believe there aren't plans of some sort, nomatter how tentative, to use that space. Whether it could be used for extra North Stand capacity some how I have no idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here