Jul 7, 2003
"the elderly"

I'm sure they'll be chuffed with that :lolol:

Werthers' Original, chaps?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I bought a bag of McCoys crisps today, they cost 55p! Imagine that - eleven shillings for a bag of crisps and they didn't even have a blue twist of salt in them. What a rip-off. You could have fed a family of four for a week on that in my day.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Jees. I must be getting on. Two days and I've just figured out what an in-co pad is. :dunce:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
"the elderly"

I'm sure they'll be chuffed with that :lolol:

Werthers' Original, chaps?

I've got a fair few years before I get my bus pass and am still young enough to get searched going into Withers - oh no, everybody does.

maybe I'll be one of those guys who sits in the corner of a pub. Buy me a pint and I'll ramble of with some old yarn until the glass is empty. now, during the war.....

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I for one enjoy Freddie Goodwin and Nottsegulls posts,don't knock the elderly you'll be one some day.Show respect.

Firstly apologies to fellow “elderly” posters, I meant no disrespect to you personally. Particularly the legend whom is FG. Its just that I know from my experience most of the younger posters on the board are not interested in the fact that a loaf of bread cost 5¾d back in the 1954 and that Steredent is currently on offer in Boots!!

The idea of a separate “old git” forum does not appear to be a popular one. So was therefore going to suggest to the mods that they create a special thread icon, such as they are for Falmer  and tv  . So as to allow fellow “gentlefolk” viewing the board to recogonise that the thread might be of particular interest to them?

What do fellow posters think?
Maybe an icon something along the following lines ??? ..............................

Attachments

• elderly_persons.gif
    elderly_persons.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 48

Maybe an icon something along the following lines ??? ..............................

I think GNF on Tour summed up what people think quite concisely.
And this would make a more appropiate icon (I searched for a still where you looked less of a miserable git but couldn't find one)

Attachments

• fazsmall.jpg
    fazsmall.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
In recent weeks the board seems to have been taken over with retro-threads from our older posters. Nottseagull seems to be the ring leader. Although he has been assisted by some of his cronies such as Hiney and FG.

As most posters on this board who are under 60, dont have a clue what they are talking about! Why can’t the old gits be given there own forum where they can post?

A bit like Childish Ramblings, but call it something like “Inco-pad Corner”, “When I was a lad” or “Put out to grass“.

I'm 49 years old and am absolutely passionate about the history of our club.

I make absolutely no apology for joining in with the nostalgic threads and am happy to contribute. I've got about 2,500 Albion programmes dating from 1948 and am happy to share the information in them with anyone. My website will be live soon and that will (eventually) have scans of every Home programme since 1950.

I wish I had had access to older supporters when I was in my teens. Far from criticising the 'old cronies' for bringing up the past, I would have LOVED reading their memories.

Any younger supporters should LOVE the fact that there are some older fans on here. Apart from anything else, it gives a welcome respite from some of the juvenile DRIVEL that is on the board at the moment.

Oh - don't EVER call me old again. :laugh:

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Fazz, what's the point of splitting things especially if you are dividing by poster rather than subject?

It's ok with racing/betting, I see the icon and I'm not interested. But if you split by age then soon somebody might suggest splitting by race/sexuallity/gender.That's when you get people staying in their own groups and promotes differences.

I, and most, try to make the thread title give a fair idea of what lies beneath. Sure, I like comments from others who share my memories but what pleases me more is the youngsters show an interest even though many of these games were before some were born.

Society these days frowns on people from different groups mixing. maybe you don't notice this yet but, as a man in my 50's, it's generally frowned upon to start talking to youngsters. It's a sad state of affairs. Often there'll be schoolkids on my bus and they'll be discussing football & I'd love to join in especially with the general igorance of some who probably don't know we even have a team!

I've no idea how many of the youngsters on here read my threads but that doesn't matter. Some do and are extreemly complimentary about it too....and hopefully they'll all be buying me pints just as soon as they are old enough to get served!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The posters on here are already segregated, there's Childish Ramblings for the juveniles amongst us. :whistle:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In recent weeks the board seems to have been taken over with retro-threads from our older posters. Nottseagull seems to be the ring leader. Although he has been assisted by some of his cronies such as Hiney and FG.

As most posters on this board who are under 60, dont have a clue what they are talking about! Why can’t the old gits be given there own forum where they can post?

Us old gits can always post on HERE :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Saga.
please don't remind me,it took me three years to get them to stop sending us holiday brochures
57f4dd2d586b30ffbc1412a5d9214075.gif

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

A bit like Childish Ramblings, but call it something like “Inco-pad Corner”, “When I was a lad” or “Put out to grass“.

I wish to make a public apology for my post.

I didn’t realise that it would upset some of our more “mature” posters and stir such a response from the “Stick Brigade”! The deserved response I got, being lead by Squadron Leader Notts “Ginger” seagull and Pilot Officer Freddy “Handsome George” Goodwin”. And of course Rear Gunner “Dead Eyed Dick” Hiney, who was posting right behind them (a position he particuarly likes!).

It reminded me of the community spirit that was shown in the blitz when we were bombed in the last war, when everyone rallied together.

From the response I got from N's, FG and Hiney I now realise there is still some “spunk” left in the old country yet!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here