Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inbetweeners Series Three

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Being a hardcore Inbetweener and watching the programme before anyone had even heard of it at the start of 2008, to me this series just seems one too far. They should have ended it at the end of series 2. I barely even find it funny anymore, tonights is not only the worst episode of the lot but one of the worst 25 minutes of "comedy" I've ever watched.

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Agree with what you say there, wouldn't say I was a hardcore inbetweener but I watched the first series when it first came out. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon now and expects too much.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Agree with what you say there, wouldn't say I was a hardcore inbetweener but I watched the first series when it first came out. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon now and expects too much.

I really don't agree with this "too high expectations" thing. Obviously the pressure gets higher to consistently deliver, but I don't believe people are expecting it to keep getting better and better, but of a consistently high standard set by earlier series, which for me this series hasn't. Expectations or not, hold an episode like tonight's up against an episode like "Bunk Off" and it doesn't come close - I don't think that is anything to do with too high expectations.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I see where some of you are coming from, having got into it before Series 2 came along I definitely preferred the show when it was new and relatively unknown... it was just a funny and entertaining show that didn't take itself too seriously.

This series it seems to have caved into the hype and expectation and the writers are trying too hard IMO. The result has been ridiculous plot lines and characters becoming way too predictable and samey, especially Jay.

I actually thought tonights episode was alright, not the funniest but it wasn't as OTT and cringeworthy as some others this series.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would say last nights episode was the worst one done so far (all series), don't think I laughed once. Very disappointed after last weeks hopefully its just a minor dip

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
if you swapped round some of the episodes of this series with some of the first or second, people would still be saying the same.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
if you swapped round some of the episodes of this series with some of the first or second, people would still be saying the same.

I'm inclined to agree with this, last night's could have quite easily sat unnoticed in the first series without people having a go at the quality of it.

There were average episodes in the first two series lets not forget, we just remember the best bits from them, same as we'll remember the best bits from this one. Overall I agree it's been slightly less good than the first two, but still better than pretty much anything else at the moment, and certainly not worth getting upset over.

I will say this, Neil had the best golf swing out of the four of them, better than Simon who supposedly plays more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm inclined to agree with this, last night's could have quite easily sat unnoticed in the first series without people having a go at the quality of it.

There were average episodes in the first two series lets not forget, we just remember the best bits from them, same as we'll remember the best bits from this one. Overall I agree it's been slightly less good than the first two, but still better than pretty much anything else at the moment, and certainly not worth getting upset over.

I will say this, Neil had the best golf swing out of the four of them, better than Simon who supposedly plays more.

familiarity breeds contempt. if last night had been the second ever episode people would be wetting themselves about it. a show that revolves around spunk clunge your mum stinky fingers is going to have some weak moments.

its the lame imitations no doubt being spawned on some media nobs macbook as we speak that are going to be far more disappointing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on. It's fine, but put bluntly, everyone has seen the first two series (quite often back to back on DVD) and the third series is simply more of the same.

Last night = funny. But lets hope the writers let it rest after 3 series and a film.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I thought I read that the guys who play Will and Simon had written something for the film, but I might be wrong.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought last night's episode was hilarious, especially the bit where Will slammed to door in the old woman's face.

I'd guess that the fact that it was clearly set in spring term last night leaves the door open for a 4th and final series of them in 6th form, and/or a film.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i thought getting his very attractive but until now apparently unworldly mum going on a shagging weekend was a stroke (ahem) of genius. a perfect storm with his mummys boy-ness and his mates constant letching over her. perfectly pitched without being milked to death.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i thought getting his very attractive but until now apparently unworldly mum going on a shagging weekend was a stroke (ahem) of genius. a perfect storm with his mummys boy-ness and his mates constant letching over her. perfectly pitched without being milked to death.

Tend to agree but the joke is now getting old and will hopefully be dialed back.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
familiarity breeds contempt. if last night had been the second ever episode people would be wetting themselves about it. a show that revolves around spunk clunge your mum stinky fingers is going to have some weak moments.

its the lame imitations no doubt being spawned on some media nobs macbook as we speak that are going to be far more disappointing.

Disagree entirely. I can see why you might think this, but if you hold up last nights episode against even a weaker earlier episode, you would notice the difference (well, I would anyway). Obviously the people who just watch for the stinky fingers jokes will probably like it all the same, but I can't believe you can suggest that stuff like the flower smashing and the squirrel sequence, not to mention the very lame joke about the dog, are anything like as funny, and recognisable to people's own teenage experiences, as some of the stuff that happened in series 1.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Disagree entirely. I can see why you might think this, but if you hold up last nights episode against even a weaker earlier episode, you would notice the difference (well, I would anyway). Obviously the people who just watch for the stinky fingers jokes will probably like it all the same, but I can't believe you can suggest that stuff like the flower smashing and the squirrel sequence, not to mention the very lame joke about the dog, are anything like as funny, and recognisable to people's own teenage experiences, as some of the stuff that happened in series 1.

yes teenagers are far less likely to be dull suburban vandals than get stuck on a boat in a harbour fire off a flare to be rescued, punch a fish to death as they think its a shark and end up naked with a sock over their nob.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the logical conclusion to all this is for one of them to actually sleep with his mum.

I think it would be virtually impossible to make that funny though, after all, it's too implausible as the lead characters are such wankers !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was a very average episode. It could have been one of the best but the flowers were lame. So much more potential for seeing Jay in his mums bed etc. And the squirrel thing was just silly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yes teenagers are far less likely to be dull suburban vandals than get stuck on a boat in a harbour fire off a flare to be rescued, punch a fish to death as they think its a shark and end up naked with a sock over their nob.
Exactly this. And we've all accidentally had a wank in front of an old woman in an old people's home too. Spider, I think you have just proved his point.

I thought it was a very average episode. It could have been one of the best but the flowers were lame. So much more potential for seeing Jay in his mums bed etc. And the squirrel thing was just silly.
Personally, I didn't find the squirrel thing very funny at all, but thought the flowers vandalism thing was very well observed. That is exactly the sort of thing that 17 year olds find amusing, or breaking car wing mirrors, or pissing on war memorials or whatever, because they are too young to appreciate the idea of sacrifice.

Did anyone laugh uncomfortably at the fact that Jay's dog got put down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here