Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In your opinion have the club royally f***ed up?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rougvie said:
Dave, I dont know where you get your information from, but talking to a source close to the situation when it all kicked off, gambling was certainly was NOT an issue with CKR as it certainly was with some of the others who moved on.

Getting more 'on topic' its not just us who have problems with young players with massive ego's who are putting themselves in massive debt for the latest BMW etc etc (not saying CKR has) and who think they, and others around them can influence what goes on at a football club with bully or gang tactics that are straight off the streets. Would they get away with that in any other walk of life. I think not.

This problem will only get worse with the money available and all the perks that go with that, the thing the likes of Knight etc cant see is that those perks are for the very top 5%, the rest of the wanabee's just get more and more into debt, gambling etc which ends up affecting what happens on the pitch, the think they are untouchable because of what they do, when in reality some are doing VERY little to justify what they are being paid.

Its maybe why Cricket and Rugby are having such a renasience period, its so refreshing seeing sport played for sports sake, not by little shit bags whose onlt goal in life is to have the biggest diamond ear-ring.

Sound :clap: :clap: :clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cadiz Seagull said:
I thought the whole point of the Coke money was we HAD to spend it on someone with potential, rather than an experienced pro.

Could have been used on anyone I seem to remember.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
I sometimes wonder how big people think Brighton are, reading these threads is a giggle!

He's been offered a chance to join a team in the Premiership, whats he gonna do..."Nah Im happy playin in this athletics stadium!"

FFS!

:lolol:
Eh? I think you've been misreading them in that case. (Or not bothering which I can accept as 95% of them and the posts on them are identical). I don't think there's been many posts along the lines of "Why does CKR want to leave us and our lovely quaint ground and take his chance in the Premiership?"

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Brovian said:
Eh? I think you've been misreading them in that case. (Or not bothering which I can accept as 95% of them and the posts on them are identical). I don't think there's been many posts along the lines of "Why does CKR want to leave us and our lovely quaint ground and take his chance in the Premiership?"

fair enuff

:dunce: ;)

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Dave, I think you must have had to much of the old Pinot Grigio in the last few days ...

How can buying an obviously talented young player and then selling him on for a profit (I hope) to a team 2 divisions above you be seen as a 'royal fvck up'?

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
good luck to the lad, feel Mcghee could have done more to help him stay he is a raw talent that needed nutruring, no mucking about with Warnock though hey !!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ManOnTheRun said:
Dave, I think you must have had to much of the old Pinot Grigio in the last few days ...

How can buying an obviously talented young player and then selling him on for a profit (I hope) to a team 2 divisions above you be seen as a 'royal fvck up'?

I am not saying they had, I was trying to get opinion that is all.

Personally I think its a great shame. Although I was very surprised at his treatment sometimes by our great and glorious present leader.

I think it was obvious when he banged ina transfer request that he would be off...

BTW Roughvie, my information comes from a very reliable source

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dies Irae said:
BTW Roughvie, my information comes from a very reliable source

Fair enough Dave so does mine.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Rookie said:
Would have gone onto be a top player if he had got the support from the club and played correctly, but alas it was not to be

what utter bollocks.

How can you predict that when he had the support of everyone . Started in games and was given a chance. OK maybe we wern't playing 1 touch football but he still had the touch of a rapist , couldnt jump and generally looked shit

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bollocks, he was brought in as a attacking midfielder or second striker but got played as a target man which he clearly is never going to be.
Touch of a rapist that would be why he has gone to a premiership club wouldn't it

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Dougal said:
OK maybe we wern't playing 1 touch football but he still had the touch of a rapist , couldnt jump and generally looked shit

Who are you talking about? I only ask cos I think there might be crossed wires.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Realistically, how could the club spend that money on a proven player? £250k would have been a stretch to cover any transfer fee - they'd demand high wages on top - and they wouldn't want to play at an athletics track.

They chose a player who's clearly got big talent - and a small brain, unfortunately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once he had put in a transfer request it was obviious he was going by the club turning that request down all they have done is make him elligible for 5% of the fee, and probably not increased his price by any significant amount

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Rougvie said:
Dave, I dont know where you get your information from, but talking to a source close to the situation when it all kicked off, gambling was certainly was NOT an issue with CKR as it certainly was with some of the others who moved on.

Getting more 'on topic' its not just us who have problems with young players with massive ego's who are putting themselves in massive debt for the latest BMW etc etc (not saying CKR has) and who think they, and others around them can influence what goes on at a football club with bully or gang tactics that are straight off the streets. Would they get away with that in any other walk of life. I think not.

This problem will only get worse with the money available and all the perks that go with that, the thing the likes of Knight etc cant see is that those perks are for the very top 5%, the rest of the wanabee's just get more and more into debt, gambling etc which ends up affecting what happens on the pitch, they think they are untouchable because of what they do, when in reality some are doing VERY little to justify what they are being paid. What ever happened to putting in a decent days graft for some of these worthless braindead nobodys.

Its maybe why Cricket and Rugby are having such a renasience period, its so refreshing seeing sport played for sports sake, not by little shit bags whose onlt goal in life is to have the biggest diamond ear-ring.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here