Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In your Albion supporting life have you ever known a more underwhelming signing.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A very interesting signing but not stimulating enough to give me a modest arousal. Sound and low risk rather than being spectacular and medium to high risk. Will fit in well and arguably just the type of player we need at this point in time.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But he IS Scottish and they are hardly world beaters.

Chester City once signed several Trinidad & Tobago internationals, and they were rubbish (even by Chester standards which weren't high even then).

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
That he has a proven championship record & is the maximum 93 days is reassuring we are looking to compete with the top teams (to a degree). Should he do well could we expect him to become a permanent signing as I can only see Cardiff strengthening their team in the coming year?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
In your Albion supporting life have you ever known a more underwhelming signi...

Fair enough, but we have managed without Orlandi so far this season (mostly)

We have managed to get to 14th place without him. Perhaps we will do better with a suitable replacement. The difference of playing with somebody creative was there for all to see v Millwall when he came on.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
......of a CURRENT INTERNATIONAL!

I remember 15 years ago people dancing down Livingstone Road (that's in Hove) when we signed the Icelandic guy from Arsenal.

:ffsparr:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Don't think the signing of Sammy Nelson was greeted by scenes of jubilation.

That was many moons ago

sammy-nelson.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough, but we have managed without Orlandi so far this season (mostly), the point is a striker is the number 1 priority and we still haven't got one. Five league games played and two players have scored goals, says it all.

We've only won 2 of them. It did appear that Orlandi would be fit to play, but when he was diagnosed as needing surgery and a two months absence, then a replacement loan signing was required.
There's nothing to stop us getting a loan striker too.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
......of a CURRENT INTERNATIONAL!

I remember 15 years ago people dancing down Livingstone Road (that's in Hove) when we signed the Icelandic guy from Arsenal.

Perhaps you could use your literary brilliance & incredible influence at The Albion & arrange an one-on-one interview with Graig Conway. Then you can tell him to his face how underwhelmed you are with him signing & see how he responds. ???

Last edited:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
In your Albion supporting life have you ever known a more underwhelming signi...

I'm really happy with the signing, at the very least it did prove losing Orlandi meant we were light on attacking players and the club have reacted with a player with a solid track record.

Agreed. Especially if OG had his sights on a striker as was rumoured, but made the positive decision in the light of Orlandi.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nothing like a good old slagging of a player who has not even played a game for us yet :rolleyes:

This. I had no idea who this Conway lad was to be honest but give him a chance, eh? Who knows - he could have the same impact that KLL had when we got him in the last season at Withers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here