In your Albion lifetime

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
mona said:
Ben Roberts is my number one.

Powney was the smallest.

Cartwright was the worst keeper to keep Kuipers out probably.

Steele did the best Groucho impression.

Blayney not much good.

Beeney and Sidebottom very good.

Sidebottom definetly the best at lying unconscious for a full 3-4 minutes whilst play continued in a Walsall game.
Its all changed now.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Well for my money and in no particular order :

Mark Beeney
Joe Corrigan
John Keeley
Perry Digweed
Ben Roberts

Worst :
Walton
Rust
Packham

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Theatre of Trees said:
My favourites in no particular order: Peter Grummitt, Eric Steele, Mark Beeney, Graham Moseley and John Keeley.

Ben Roberts is probably the best I've seen at Withdean.

I never saw Peter Grummit but I cannot disagree with the others one iota. Kuipers, a few years ago, was at the top of his game and confidence inspired confidence...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
fosters headband said:
Today there was a bit of a difference of opinion over Henderson and a younger supporter came to the defence of our keeper.
The majority people in the area of the ground who blamed Henderson for the goal appeared to be the older fans.
It started me thinking that it has been a long time since we have had an outstanding keeper at the Albion and I don’t really think the younger fans have seen one.
In my time of supporting the Albion Henderson would not come in the top five, but my top five the younger fans would not have seen.
My top five would be Peter Grummit, Geoff Sidebottom, Eric Gill, Dave Hollins and Graham Moseley.
Who would be your top five?

great top 5 and you won't get an argument from me :bowdown:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Withdean Keepers, the list is quite long, and kuipers is the best we had

Henderson
Kuipers
May
Shaaban
Roberts
Blayney
Yelldell
Royce
Jones
Beasant
Flitney
Packham
Cartwright
Walton

theres probably more, Martin, Sulliven and Winterton on the books too

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Zesh Rehman said:
Shaaban and Yelldell were both one game wonders though.
Shaaban played quite a few games and with a broken toe.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Zesh Rehman said:
he was awful against Derby and Plymouth. But was good against Sunderland.

Yelldell played against derby.

He was fantastic at leeds but awful against derby

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In no real order, and only the ones I actually saw play:

Moseley
Beeney
Kuipers
Keeley
Blayney

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
fosters headband said:
Today there was a bit of a difference of opinion over Henderson and a younger supporter came to the defence of our keeper.
The majority people in the area of the ground who blamed Henderson for the goal appeared to be the older fans.
It started me thinking that it has been a long time since we have had an outstanding keeper at the Albion and I don’t really think the younger fans have seen one.
In my time of supporting the Albion Henderson would not come in the top five, but my top five the younger fans would not have seen.
My top five would be Peter Grummit, Geoff Sidebottom, Eric Gill, Dave Hollins and Graham Moseley.
Who would be your top five?

What about Mark Walton? i believe he still holds the record for consecutive cleans sheets? Has Hendoclown ever had ONE? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

And what about the one (his name escapes me right now) that we sold to Leeds and saved the club?

Oct 25, 2003
Re: Re: In your Albion lifetime

3gulls said:
What about Mark Walton? i believe he still holds the record for consecutive cleans sheets? Has Hendoclown ever had ONE? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

And what about the one (his name escapes me right now) that we sold to Leeds and saved the club?

cartwright, not walton

No mention of Mark Ormerod in this thread? Worthy of a mention for helping us survive...not very good in all honesty but if we'd stuck with Rust we probably wouldn't be in business.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: In your Albion lifetime

3gulls said:

You mean Beeney. I must admit 3 gulls that if I had asked for a top ten, then Beeney, Keeley, Steele, and Powney would have followed, but not one from the past five years would have been included.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here