Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In todays 'the sun' - Christian Union to be banned?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
goldstone said:
Me, I'm an atheist and I try to live a decent life (no sinning if I can help it)

tell me, how can an atheist 'sin' ?
:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's riddiculous. Yes, maybe the Christian Union shouldn't get SU funding but there again, why would non believers want to join it in the first place ? Do non believers expect special indeminty discounts if they die and find out that the Bible isn't just a fairy tale ?

Why isn't there a Moslem Union (there may be for all I know). I'm an agnostic but don't have a problem with Christians but I know there are a minority of fanatics. However, there are even more 'non believers' who will try to force their will on those who do.

Seems to me a storm in a teacup. Why bother the Christian Union ? It's just more PC bollox.

Stumpy Tim

Does this mean straight men can join the Lesbian society? If so, I think there may be record numbers very soon. I may even move back to England & take a degree in American Studies at Hull Uni.

On Christianity, I have a set of cousins who found God a few years ago & they're pretty extreme. One of them met a bloke at a 24-hour prayer meeting, and two weeks later they prayed to God for 6 hours to see if they should get married - he said yes. She had a weird wedding. Flag waving, Christian rock-band, and no drink at all. Worse of all was a preacher who went on for an hour about how if you don't believe in God you're going to Hell, and how it was no wonder marriages fail nowadays because we don't believe in God. I walked out - marriages fail because people get married after 2 weeks you :censored:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Originally posted by Bhaexpress
Why isn't there a Moslem Union (there may be for all I know).

At Southampton there is a Hindu Society, a Jewish Society, an Islamic Society, and a Christian Union. I don't believe there's a huge difference, except in the funding. I'll check on that though, before I say I'm certain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here