Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the face of all the doubters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems to me that there are quite a few people that think we will stumble at the last hurdle. Personally, I think we are still too good for that to happen. However, even if it does I can honestly say that in nearly forty years I have never enjoyed a season more, and that's without Withdean !

I just hope I live long enough to enjoy a better season than this although this one will be very hard to top.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it's natural to doubt until that finish line is crossed. Makes it a bit more exciting to have a little doubt in the mind to. However I do not doubt at all, so maybe it's gone a little flat for me knowing we are going up... well until we do cross that finish line and the corks start popping here in London from this particular fan. That'll be one hell of a headache night!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think there is anybody out there who seriously believes we will mess up over the next few weeks. What I do believe, is that there are a lot of people that refuse to celebrate promotion and/or the league championship until it has been mathematically achieved.

Just because someone is waiting for a 'P' or 'C' next to our names on the league table before they uncork the bollinger/cava/woodpecker, it doesn't mean they think we will slip up.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I knew we'd win the league this season. and most people, except Saints supports, believe we will.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
While I'm sure we will I can hardly believe we'll stay top from September until the end of the season. It's just too cool. We never do that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm keeping my celebrations on ice until it's really certain - but surely we can't blow it from here?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems to me that there are quite a few people that think we will stumble at the last hurdle. Personally, I think we are still too good for that to happen. However, even if it does I can honestly say that in nearly forty years I have never enjoyed a season more, and that's without Withdean !

I just hope I live long enough to enjoy a better season than this although this one will be very hard to top.

100% this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here