Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

in the clearout, who do you keep?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought John Piercey might make the grade at Littlehampton Town as well. But he is probably not good enough and would have to go to Leyton Orient instead. :jester:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
kuipers
roberts
cullip
el abd
virgo
hinslewood
butters
carpenter
n jones
harding
knight
jakey
mcphee
benjamin please
piercy
also keep hold of young midfielder whose name escapes me for 1 more season to see if he comes good

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
perseus said:
I thought John Piercey might make the grade at Littlehampton Town as well. But he is probably not good enough and would have to go to Leyton Orient instead. :jester:
A GAME OF OPINIONS? Sorry but if you think Piercy is not up to it you don't understand football. Piercy is a good player because he makes good runs off the ball. He's also two footed. Strange that we haven't played well since he hobbled off against Plymouth.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
piercy has been the missing link he brought the forward players into the game against plymouth you could see how much he was missed in the 2nd half and the last 3 games

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
its all a matter of oponions i still think henderson brought a lot to the team but a lot of people slated him i feel the same about benjamin sort of player you need at this level plus the goals he scoring.
it would be 0 points out of 9 instead of the 1

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought that Charlie Oatway was MOM against Plymouth.

I could see the possibility of Charlie Oatway becoming a better player even at his advanced years. I know he is a bit slow and no good in the air, and he passes the ball to the opposition more often than to his own side.

I am not saying he will be good enough, but I am saying that he could be? It may turn out that he really is a bit too slow. If he could learn to think a bit more and the forwards would run off the ball a bit better, he would not make the obvious pass all the time. Still, the odds are he will not be good enough. Then we will be lumbered with him for another season.

Still, Leyton Orient may come in for him yet.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
mona said:
A GAME OF OPINIONS? Sorry but if you think Piercy is not up to it you don't understand football. Piercy is a good player because he makes good runs off the ball. He's also two footed. Strange that we haven't played well since he hobbled off against Plymouth.

mona, ignore perseus, they talk utter crap, just them 'em to f*** off back to pende

steveL

Dec 12, 2003
I would let mm sort out who he wants to get rid pf and hopefully start at the coaching staff, then he can bring in his own staff. I have spoken to a few friends who support Millwall and Reading and they have not got a bad word to say about his managment skills so lets give him time and he will sort it. We are still higher in the league than the other 2 teams thatgot relegated last season

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Grin said:
Jones is complete pony and i would personaly pay for his train fare out of brighton. :wave:

Jones ain't that bad and one thing to be said for him is that he is always trying to do something, it sometimes (at the moment often) doesn't work but at least he isn't hiding. He is always wants the ball. The same can't be said for some others. Watson, Marney, Piercy (gonna get slated for that one!) etc.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
CAFC Matt said:
That ain't really showing loyalty when you are expecting it in return. Besides the only manager going is Hoddle and do you really want him ???

There is no such thing as Loyalty in Football theses days,every man has his price as we know to our cost!!

As for Hoddle,he can go back to manage the Scum.

IF we get Falmer I would look at Gordon Strachan,as he said he wants a break from Premiership Football,so he will be quite safe from that down here!!!!

Or Peter Reid,

We could have a great Stadium with a Quality Manager if we play our cards right,along with the right decision from Prescott

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Problem with calling for McGhee's head now is who we'd get as a replacement? Again the Falmer situation is key here. A 'yes' and we're hot property a 'no' and who'd come and replace him?

Of those I saw a couple of weeks ago Knight, Virgo, Cullip, Butters and McPhee looked worth a keep,

Watson had lost it, Roberts scared me, Chippy and Hart looked worse than the last time I saw them and Oatway was pretty good (but he gets slagged here a lot).

We looked (V Barnsley) lax in the pace down the wings, passing to a blue and white shirted foot and creative department.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Kuipers,
Cullip,
Knight,
Hart,
Carpenter,
Virgo,
Piercy,
McPhee,
Hammond,
Hinshelwood,
Harding,
Robinson.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
perseus said:
I thought that Charlie Oatway was MOM against Plymouth.

I could see the possibility of Charlie Oatway becoming a better player even at his advanced years. I know he is a bit slow and no good in the air, and he passes the ball to the opposition more often than to his own side.

I am not saying he will be good enough, but I am saying that he could be? It may turn out that he really is a bit too slow. If he could learn to think a bit more and the forwards would run off the ball a bit better, he would not make the obvious pass all the time. Still, the odds are he will not be good enough. Then we will be lumbered with him for another season.

Still, Leyton Orient may come in for him yet.

Oh my god.I cant believe this shite.:shootself

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
There is no such thing as Loyalty in Football theses days,every man has his price as we know to our cost!!

As for Hoddle,he can go back to manage the Scum.

IF we get Falmer I would look at Gordon Strachan,as he said he wants a break from Premiership Football,so he will be quite safe from that down here!!!!

Or Peter Reid,

We could have a great Stadium with a Quality Manager if we play our cards right,along with the right decision from Prescott

I used to be a HUGE fan of Reid's, dont ask me why, but I was, and remember thinking he was harshly treated when he got sacked as Sunderland manager last season. But after the fiasco at Leeds(i know there was all the off the field stuff, but losing 6-1 to portsmouth is inexcusable!) and looking more closely at his reign as sunderland manager(Nicolas Medina anyone, Reid shelled out £3.6mil for his services, yet he hasnt even made a first team appearance yet and he joined in 2001!) I dont think he'd be a good option, but, you never know, could be the simple setup he needs(get in Niall Quinn as assistant and then I'd back him!)

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
When awarding new contracts this spring/summer, McGhee needs to only offer to players who are i) good enough to play in Div 1 and aren't past it or ii) young players who have the potential to do so.

IMHO, this means 0 of the 12 players who are out of contract. Use the money to get 4 Div 1 quality replacements, including 3 midfielders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here