Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In football terms, to get brushed aside and blown away by Brighton was a disaster. It was

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They should be extremely embarrassed. I think the last time Brighton scored three goals in a game I was at school”
I had to click the link and check you hadn't done an Easy and made that bit up. Cheeky ****er.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
In punditry terms, spending more than a second or two contemplating the considered opinion of Mr Merson is disastrous in the extreme.
The man has the insight, intelligence and analytical skills of a jacket potato.
And that's probably being unfair to jacket potatoes.
Jacket Potato? That explains why he is obsessed with "Hitting The Beans".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Usual lazy BS from one of the worst of the dreadful ex pro pundits we have in this country.

I got annoyed yesterday with a non ex pro though on the Totally Football Show - Emma Saunders - predicting we’re going to go down because we only won on Saturday because of Spurs problems and apparently we have ‘issues’. She didn’t justify those issues.

So what issues are they?! Having one of the most progressive, good, young managers in the league? Dominating. every league game we’ve played in this season bar City and Chelsea? Bringing through two of the most exciting youngsters in the country? Having three excellent, ball playing centre backs? A really good keeper? Pace and technical ability thoughout the team? Lazy BS.

She also predicted Southampton and Norwich to go down.

The other 17 teams must be awesome if we have issues and are going down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not saying getting beaten by Brighton is a joke. He's saying getting blown away by Brighton is a joke. I took it as a comment on our dominance rather than the result. From a Spurs fan perspective it probably was pretty worrying.
I agree. I saw him on SSN just after the game saying we'd blown Spurs away. Felt like a nice compliment.

However, the comments here of his (and his colleagues) general punditry skills are pretty much right. Most of them are stealing a living.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Usual lazy BS from one of the worst of the dreadful ex pro pundits we have in this country.

I got annoyed yesterday with a non ex pro though on the Totally Football Show - Emma Saunders - predicting we’re going to go down because we only won on Saturday because of Spurs problems and apparently we have ‘issues’. She didn’t justify those issues.

So what issues are they?! Having one of the most progressive, good, young managers in the league? Dominating. every league game we’ve played in this season bar City and Chelsea? Bringing through two of the most exciting youngsters in the country? Having three excellent, ball playing centre backs? A really good keeper? Pace and technical ability thoughout the team? Lazy BS.

Don't get me started on Emma. I apologise to women and I don't mean to condescend those who work hard in their industries and have vast knowledge about their subjects. Emma has a job because she's vaguely good looking. She seems to splurge a lot of crap; which says to me either or both of two things.

1) She knows know about football and relies on a telecaster.
2) The script writers are very, very poor.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Is there a link?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw a bit of Merson with Jamie O'Hara on The Verdict or whatever it's called on Sky last night. Football equivalent of Dumb and Dumber. A couple of O'Hara gems: 1) Man Utd could get relegated. 2) Team get relegated with good squads. I got relegated with Wolves and we had a good squad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw a bit of Merson with Jamie O'Hara on The Verdict or whatever it's called on Sky last night. Football equivalent of Dumb and Dumber. A couple of O'Hara gems: 1) Man Utd could get relegated. 2) Team get relegated with good squads. I got relegated with Wolves and we had a good squad.

Seem to remember O'Hara was the one who threw his shirt into the crowd after we'd just relegated Wolves at the Amex - only for them to hurl it straight back at him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Seem to remember O'Hara was the one who threw his shirt into the crowd after we'd just relegated Wolves at the Amex - only for them to hurl it straight back at him.

That's the fella. And cheated on his model wife Danielle Lloyd. Now playing for Billericay Town (him, not her).

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Step 7 - Gamble. The only way you get beyond Step 6 is to bet the farm on pushing on further. Whether that is gambling everything you have, or handing things over to a mega rich egomaniac who may turn out to be a Sugar Daddy that pumps in whatever it takes to go further, or he may turn out to be a mad chicken farmer from Indonesia who ends up being wanted for serious fraud and has his financial assets frozen.

Much like the US electorate in the 2016 election.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With pundits like Merson, they rely on generating anger to stay relevant. Just like Sutton, Savage etc.

Indifference is by far the more appropriate response

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hats off to everyone who’s contributed.. sure have a witty bunch here. Funniest NSC thread of 2019 [emoji106]

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
With pundits like Merson, they rely on generating anger to stay relevant. Just like Sutton, Savage etc.

Indifference is by far the more appropriate response

Don’t be daft. Chris Sutton and Paul Merson are no where near the same. Sutton and Bruce make for a very entertaining duo and Sutton is extremely articulated and often makes a point strongly. That’s not being angry or controversial for sake of. Massive difference. Where’s Merson struggles to string a sentence together, possibly because of the abuse he’s done to himself I don’t know. But he’s very much League 2 versus Sutton Premier League if you want to use that metaphor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here