Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In case anyone doesn't get all the fuss about Vicente

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
21122011042.jpg

21122011045.jpg

21122011046.jpg

Look he's next to Xabi in the line-up. Oh, and look, there's Torres bottom right.

Legend.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
I do not get the fuss. We took a chance on Vicente. A risk. A gamble. If it does not pay off then we lose little compared to what we have to gain. Have you never placed a bet. So piss off and wait until the result is known.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The man is f***ing brilliant. So he's injury prone, we knew that when we signed him. It's a ONE YEAR DEAL. We're not getting mugged off, we're taking a calculated risk. If he doesn't play, we've only paid out a minimal amount (my guess it's a signing on fee and a pay-as-you-play deal). And what if, hypothetically, he gets fit and gets a run in the team after Christmas? Would all the wankers chuffing on about him shut the f*** up then? Vicente gets a ridiculous amount of stick compared to, say, the golden boy Hoskins, who has played only one game more than him, and scored the same number of goals.

Just a thought.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there a fan who doesn't get the fuss? What he did before he came here is kind of irrelevant now. Kitson looked brilliant for much of his career but did close to f*** all for us. I'd love Vicente to play regularly but I think it's clear now why he signed for us and not a better team...I just hope he is on a pay to play deal as if he is a top earner I think we are gonna get pretty poor value over the year. LOVE to be wrong.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The man is f***ing brilliant. So he's injury prone, we knew that when we signed him. It's a ONE YEAR DEAL. We're not getting mugged off, we're taking a calculated risk. If he doesn't play, we've only paid out a minimal amount (my guess it's a signing on fee and a pay-as-you-play deal). And what if, hypothetically, he gets fit and gets a run in the team after Christmas? Would all the wankers chuffing on about him shut the f*** up then? Vicente gets a ridiculous amount of stick compared to, say, the golden boy Hoskins, who has played only one game more than him, and scored the same number of goals.

Just a thought.
If it is a Pay as you Play deal we have lost nothing, somehow think he would be on a regular salary. One year, well let's hope we can get 10 games out of him in the New Year, no doubting his quality.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Get rid. Bad for morale. Laughing stock. Joke. f*** off. Im sure the apologists will love this post. May as well have signed Pele. Yea he was good back in the day. Blah blah BLAH.

Its all about NOW not 2002 or 2006 NOW. NOW. NOW.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Get rid. Bad for morale. Laughing stock. Joke. f*** off. Im sure the apologists will love this post. May as well have signed Pele. Yea he was good back in the day. Blah blah BLAH.

Its all about NOW not 2002 or 2006 NOW. NOW. NOW.

Why is he bad for morale, what proof do you have of that? Is Hoskins, is Buckley, is Tommy Elphick, was Navarro last season? What a mong.

If hes not costing much what harm is he doing? If he comes good he'll be our best player in the last 25 years.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really. So being declared fit by the medical team but Vicente saying "dont really fancy it today lads" isnt good for morale? Yeah right. Nav had a genuine injury so has Elphick. Hoskins is fit but Gus chooses to give him ten mins. As for Hoskins well jury still out on him. Screwing a shot wide at Derby then holding your knee after does not bode well. But of course you were there to see that...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Really. So being declared fit by the medical team but Vicente saying "dont really fancy it today lads" isnt good for morale? Yeah right. Nav had a genuine injury so has Elphick. Hoskins is fit but Gus chooses to give him ten mins. As for Hoskins well jury still out on him. Screwing a shot wide at Derby then holding your knee after does not bode well. But of course you were there to see that...

On what basis are you saying that Vicente doesn't have a genuine injury and "doesn't fancy it"? Who told you that? Or are you assuming something from hearsay?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trawl thru Gus comments its there is black and white its Vicente delaring himself unfit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here