Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In car DAB stereos.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Loving my car DAB radio (came with the car though so factory installed). Not had a single problem and driven all over the place, down to Devon etc. all fine. The music quality is excellent, although I rarely stray off the national stations like 6music, 5live etc...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I saw this in a shop recently and would give it a go if I heard any recomendations, its cheap but does it work well.

PURE Highway In-Car DAB Radio With FM Transmitter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Would be great to have 6 Music on my long boring drives up and down the country. Could work better than the portable Sony DAB radio I use when Test Match Special is playing on Five Live Extra.

I've got one and it lives on my desk doing nothing. I tried it in the car and drove from home in Eastbourne to my dear old mums (gawd bless 'er) in Hurstierpoint, going via A27/A23 and coming back across country (Ditchling/Barcombe/Ringmer/Laughton/A22). Reception was patchy and it kept dropping out enough for me to give up. Never used it since in the car. The only advantage is that you can use it with headphones as a "personal" dab but even then you need to be stationary.

Of course it can work, I can stream digital raido "online" on my iphone anywhere that has 3g network coverage.
err that's not radio, thast's streaming audio content - yes, there is a difference and its called the method of transmission!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've a Highway, the biggest problem is that it can't detect if a station is on another regional multiplex as you drive in to its area, so you need to retune like an FM radio of the 80s. National stations are no problem at all, and its able to pick up a signal out of very poor conditions.

maco

Jan 1, 2011
I've tried to get one but most places I went to don't even stock them any more down to the reception issue. Think it still hasn't been adequately solved, so not many of them around. If you do find one you'll also need an extra glass mounted arial fitted by someone who knows what they're doing. I think the route DAB in car stereos will have to go down is using the existing mobile phone network to broadcast, rather than whatever they use now!

To my knowledge the reception has been improved and they are still sold.
Check this:
Pure Highway DAB Car Radio

Hope this helps.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here