Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

in 90 minutes have a 50% chance of being out of a job

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went through exactly the same last December except it was 1 going from 4, so a 25% chance. Thankfully I dodged the bullet (but lost a good workmate in the process). Horrible.

All the best Rob, and whatever the result, get yourself out for a STIFF one after :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
fingers crossed for you matey

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you've got 2 kids and your boss has 3? i'm pulling for your boss... :thumbsup:

On the positive side, I've been promoted. *cringey smile* So every cloud... *smug grin*

brentDM2504_228x283.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh, the suspense...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
lost a good workmate in the process

More than just a workmate though innit? You build up friendships over the period of time you work (and play - he shared a room with Chris and I on your stag trip to Amsterdam) together. As a result, even if you get the good news for you, it must have been heartbreaking to see him suffering what you've just dodged.

Never anything other than a horrible, horrible business.

Hope it went well Rob, not sure how to take the silence .... but I fear, no news is probably bad news.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I'm guessing if we dont hear anything soon that the news is negative. Not too optimistic for the poor lad :down:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On the positive side, I've been promoted. *cringey smile* So every cloud... *smug grin*

brentDM2504_228x283.jpg

I did HONESTLY work with someone who basically did the David Brent thing over redundancies. He was up in the Board Meeting discussing and deciding which 2 members of a team of 10 were going to be made redundant. the office knew exactly what teh meeting was about so the atmosphere was awful.

He then bounds in grinning, and I swear he said ..... "Well, I pleased to say I can now announce, I've been promoted to Finance Director. *big grin*. I've known about it for a week or so, but haven't been able to tell you until now, blah blah blah. Anyway, Sally and David could I see you both in my office please?"

:wozza:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
More than just a workmate though innit? You build up friendships over the period of time you work (and play - he shared a room with Chris and I on your stag trip to Amsterdam) together. As a result, even if you get the good news for you, it must have been heartbreaking to see him suffering what you've just dodged.

Indeed it was. Dreadful day.
And last month, the poor bugger was made redundent from the job he found himself in February, so he's jobhunting yet again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Indeed it was. Dreadful day.
And last month, the poor bugger was made redundent from the job he found himself in February, so he's jobhunting yet again.

Oh god no, that's awful. Didn't know that. He must be pretty pissed off with that. He'll just be looking over his shoulder wherever he goes after 12 months like that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come on Rob, any news?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here