Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In 24 hours we will be out of the Play-off places.....

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
If we had just reached the dizzy heights of mid table and were safe today, I'd probably be happier and less tense than I am now.

Finishing 7th or 8th would be bloody awful, even though I would never have dreamed being in the top 6 last August. Am I going mad?

I am however starting to have visions of us beating Southampton in the play-off final. Now that would make all the angst worthwhile!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We'll be back in the top six on Tuesday evening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair we really don't deserve to be there after today

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But the fact that we are almost there is the stressful part!

Is it though ?

And be honest, did you really think we would be where we are now last August ?

As far as I am concerned this is a big Brucie bonus

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Finishing 7th or 8th would be bloody awful

I don't think it would. I think it would be a rip roaring success. Don't forget on January 1 we were 16th, so huge progression since then. I do understand the rollercoaster ride we have had has given us the rightful belief that we have a chance of the play offs. And it is still possible, it is still in our hands, just bloody difficult. Keep shouting the boys til it is mathematically impossible!

To be fair we really don't deserve to be there after today

To be fair, and I only heard it on the radio so can't give a full view, it does look like perhaps we are making a rod for our own backs on these away performances. It is a shame we can't take the form into just 6 (5 now) more matches but c'est la vie. Been a great season, wherever the bus stops.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
Is it though ?

And be honest, did you really think we would be where we are now last August ?

As far as I am concerned this is a big Brucie bonus

Totally agree, it is and will have been a fantastic season, and yes, in August I could only dream of mid table mediocrity, but we are now on the verge of something quite brilliant, which is why finishing 7th would be both fantastic but strangely disappointing!

A case of so near but yet so far!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will BEAT Reading and be back in the hunt. I am going LARGE on that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't rain on my parade BH I am being positive and that is a rare occurence on NSC.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We have already had opportunities to give ourselves a much better chance, and we haven't taken them. 1-0 up at Forest in the 94th minute was a great opportunity, as was playing Boro at home. Couldn't really understand why some people didn't think that was a must-win game, a few were perhaps duped by staying fourth when that was a great chance gone begging with a tough run-in to come. Who really thought we would win at Burnley?

We may yet be lucky and get another one but I suspect we are now playing for one place only, not three, and there are four teams after it. Dobbie has been a godsend for Blackpool.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Personally I didn't expect a play-off position this year and finding ourselves in the mix at this late stage is just fun, nothing more. Hopefully it will set us up nicely for a more concerted promotion push next year.

I have a feeling that Gus has recently sniffed the Premiership aroma and decided this could be the year, so I wonder if the tension is filtering down. At this stage I'd expected us to be playing games as if all the pressure was off us as we'd already exceeded expectations.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Its mad isnt it. I wasnt expecting anything near as good this season but now we are almost there I would be a bit gutted if we didn't get in the playoffs. I fancy a trip to Wembley!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Frankly I'm still well happy with the season - if you'd asked me at the start of the season where I'd consider a good finish I'd have said 'one place above the relegation places'

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
Frankly I'm still well happy with the season - if you'd asked me at the start of the season where I'd consider a good finish I'd have said 'one place above the relegation places'

I can't believe people won't be disappointed to miss out on the playoffs, whatever they thought at the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here