Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut appears to buy something daily on impulse

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I've just spent £600+ on a new kayak and kit which she wasn't overly impressed with. I tempered it with my quote that If I added all the money she spent on haircuts (£80 a pop for goodness sake!) and cosmetics throughout the year It would be about the same cost if not more, cue blustering nonsensical response :clap2: She had to concede defeat! Impulse purchases are always best done when you have some ammunition in storage to fire back at them! I'm banking the trip to New York for her birthday i've organised for a later treat for me haha.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
A second-hand pair of white Levi 501's from a market that I didn't even try on, just went with the label size, as there was a bus due, and when I got home noticed the IRREGULAR stamp inside!!!! Hence the 'non-fit' :cry:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
have you ever bought something expensive on impulse that has landed you in trouble with the missus ?

I did on Monday which although my wife is still talking to me ( just ) she is a little pissed off with me.

I've wanted a Breitling watch now for a little while and saw the one I wanted in Brighton that was originally £1900 reduced to £1100 so I bought it. I thought it to be a bloody good saving.

So has an impulse buy ever landed you in a spot of bother ?

so which Breitling model was it ?

I saw a *real* Breitling at the sunday market in Teguise, Lanzarote last year.

A splendid African chappie was selling it for just £40.

At least he *told* me that it was real..:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I bought myself a new watch last week, but it didn't cost NEARLY as much as £1100.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
so which Breitling model was it ?

I saw a *real* Breitling at the sunday market in Teguise, Lanzarote last year.

A splendid African chappie was selling it for just £40.

At least he *told* me that it was real..:lolol:

That's inflation for you :)

I went to that market Xmas '03 and they were doing a 'Rolex' for €15 :ohmy:

True story. I was out on a x-mas pub crawl with a mate of mine in London. We ended up in a HMV (a bit pissed) and I spied the entire James Bond DVD Collection. I immediately bought the set. Proud as punch we continued on our pub crawl and finally ended up home were I proudly proclaimed my impulse purchase to my then wife.She crossed her arms and snidely told me we didn't own a dvd player. DOH! :D

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
i bought one of those f*** off giant butt plugs and when the old woman walked in watching my "friend" trying to bang it in she wernt to amused!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i wanted a standard packet of opal fruits to munch on the train to work,at 5 am and armed with just a £20 note i walked into the shop at the top of boundry road or end of portland road if you like exactness and the normaly cheery scottish chap was less than pleased to see me with my crispy new £20,so feeling rather uncomfortable i said oh and 60 jps black please,ile smoke them some day so all is not lost.

i wanted a standard packet of opal fruits to munch on the train to work,at 5 am and armed with just a £20 note i walked into the shop at the top of boundry road or end of portland road if you like exactness and the normaly cheery scottish chap was less than pleased to see me with my crispy new £20,so feeling rather uncomfortable i said oh and 60 jps black please,ile smoke them some day so all is not lost.

Should have bought a Hustler mag instead, it would have raised a few eyebrows on the train. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here