Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impressive showing from Northampton Town

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I saw a few Northampton fans at Angmering station before the game on Saturday. I started chatting to them and warned them that the away end is so far away from the pitch they might as well stay on Angmering station and try and watch the game.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

A bit of rain was making you happy you stayed at home? It wasn't all that wet, just a couple of minutes.

Your lot sang the obligatory "shit club no ground" or whatever, to remind us of something we already well know.

Believe me, we'd all love a nice dry ground with a roof, comfy chairs, clear speaker system for music and announcements, scoreboard with replays.

Ultimately though, you DID stay away, did NOT spend your money on football, and the club, town, football league, and the sport missed out on some income and participation. That in itself is a statement worth noting, for the powers that could help us get Falmer Stadium.
I bet you are not the only one either, there must be loads of potential spectators who do not express this on our website, from all over the league.

Oreite

Oct 23, 2006
Towcester
Sorry to have to say this but many stayed away because they objected to paying 6 quid more for vastly inferior seating and view than at Sixfields, seeing it as a blatent rip off.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oreite said:
Sorry to have to say this but many stayed away because they objected to paying 6 quid more for vastly inferior seating and view than at Sixfields, seeing it as a blatent rip off.
The ticket price also includes your travel vouchers. But yes, sorry the view IS crap, as is the whole Withdean 'experience'. Think yourself lucky you only have to come once a year.

Oreite said:

So we lost the revenue from MANY who stayed away because of our facilities. Proof that business in and around Brighton are suffering due to the lack of a proper venue.
The governement don't benefit when people keep their money in their pocket either.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why doesn't the club put a sign up at the away end saying something like "Fed up with this view and having no roof over your head? So are we. Support the Falmer stadium campaign"? And then ask people for emails of support or money or whatever.

Otherwise, like these moaning people on here, away fans who are ignorant of our current struggles might well assume that we're happy with the current set-up

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you can't blame them , I am amased 700 came down, the away support will become less and less over the next few seasons as word spreads DON'T GO TO WITHDEAN.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The best thing for the stadium would be to bomb it really, lets be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here