Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impressive showing from Northampton Town

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A very impressive showing from Northampton Town today with 750 or so fans beats the 9 Boston came with this week. They deserved their point and came across as decent fans without all the obligatory " does your boyfriend know your here Bullshit ", best away support this season.

Well done Northampton town :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Uncle Spielberg said:
without all the obligatory " does your boyfriend know your here Bullshit "

Obviously you didn't hear the chants of "we can see you holding hands" and "do you take it up the arse" in the first half then?

???

Last edited:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
A good effort, yes. But several choruses of..

"Do you take it up the arse ?"

and

"We can see you holding hands"

rather spoil the 'decent' tag.

:shrug:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I did find the ONE MAN signing "can you hear the Brighton sing" rather amusing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Impressive showing from Northampton Town

Alex Frutos said:
Obviously you didn't hear the chants of "we can see you holding hands" and "do you take it up the arse" in the first half then?

???
and quite abit of the second half too

also the Scott McGleish chants knock them down a peg.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I heard some mention of Bums in the autumn air but overall I thought they were a good crowd and 750 for a medicore team as shite as us for the worst and most expensive view in league football was a good showing.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn't hear them sing untill the 90th minute but I was in C block. Officially they had 681 fans there. Not that great considering they haven't lost away all season and its a very easy journey.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unbeaten away from home in 7 (now 8) games, I'd expect nothing less than a good following. Hardly a difficult journey either.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
A very impressive showing from Northampton Town today with 750 or so fans beats the 9 Boston came with this week. They deserved their point and came across as decent fans without all the obligatory " does your boyfriend know your here Bullshit ", best away support this season.

Well done Northampton town :clap:

Yada Yada. Who cares. Oh, and they did the boyfriend/arse thing.

f*** 'em. Never made a decent noise til they scored.

:salute:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Re: Re: Impressive showing from Northampton Town

Alex Frutos said:

???

Who else don't sing that then?

pasty said:
LMAO - Didn't hear it myself, but very funny.

Yeah, that was great, but their support did die after about half an hour when they saw we were getting on top.

Still, good turnout, can't remember if Brentford brought more but must be close to best of the season, the programme only lists one away attendance at Withdean, Boston's 9 :lolol:

Last edited:

Oreite

Oct 23, 2006
Towcester
As someone who originates ftom Sussex and watched you regularly in the 50s/60s at the Goldstone it was quite sad for me to see the conditions you now find yourselves in. It is quite likely that more would have made the trip but were put off by the prices being charged. For myself and my son there was not a lot of change out of 100 quid for the day, hardly value for money. Not the easiest of journeys with huge hold ups on the M1 and M25 due to road works, particularly the M1 which those of you that come to our place later in season will find out. As to the game it was very scrappy, we can certainly play better than that, and a draw was probably a fair result.

Anyhow I wish you well in your quest for the new ground and can understand your frustration with the situation, particularly since proposals we have to enlarge our own stadium are being delayed by the local council who have done nothing for four years and now say it moght be 2009 before any decision on developing the adjoining land to fund it is made

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oreite said:
As someone who originates ftom Sussex and watched you regularly in the 50s/60s at the Goldstone it was quite sad for me to see the conditions you now find yourselves in. It is quite likely that more would have made the trip but were put off by the prices being charged. For myself and my son there was not a lot of change out of 100 quid for the day, hardly value for money. Not the easiest of journeys with huge hold ups on the M1 and M25 due to road works, particularly the M1 which those of you that come to our place later in season will find out. As to the game it was very scrappy, we can certainly play better than that, and a draw was probably a fair result.

Anyhow I wish you well in your quest for the new ground and can understand your frustration with the situation, particularly since proposals we have to enlarge our own stadium are being delayed by the local council who have done nothing for four years and now say it moght be 2009 before any decision on developing the adjoining land to fund it is made
:thumbsup: councils eh?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Re: Impressive showing from Northampton Town

algie said:
Who else don't sing that then?

My point was that US praised them in his original post for NOT singing that kind of thing, to which I was pointing out that they in fact did.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I heard a few gay chants but they gave up once they realised we'd heard them all before. They did a lot better numbers wise than a lot of visitors.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If supporters are classified as 'not decent' should they resort to the oh-so-obvious banter about the opposition, I don't think Albion fans will ever be described as decent by thse we visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here