Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

impressive gig or what?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I thought the fact that Angels and Airwaves had a strop cos everyone was laughing at them was most amusing. Other highlights of that day was Juliette Lewis bouncing around in Lycra. Oh and the moment Motorhead left the stage after what was one of the most boring hours of my life. THe sound form where I was was excellent throughout the whole day (Gold Circle next to the sound desk). Oh and the Foo Fighters were good, not the best I have seen them granted, they saved that for Wembley this year.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Well thanks chaps for ruining a perfectly decent thread for those of us who have musical taste and aren't teenage girls or a homosexual.

It's no wonder other fans think we are all noofters when people are banging on about f***ing Take That.

Gary Barlow is not fit to polish Lemmy's nazi memorabilia!

Well said...........f***ing take that:glare:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I find it very sad and am deeply upset that some of you gentlemen, that I had so much respect for, feel the need to bring gender and homosexuality into a debate about fine musicians.

Live with it, guys, Take That are here to stay, and they're a damn site more popular than any of the RACKETS that you lot like!

OK I'll bite.

Fine musicians? The fat ugly one does it all, the others are there as eye candy so they'd attract the female/gay listener.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying they've sold allot of records. But they've sold allot of records to people whose musical opinion isn't worth listening too. Like my sister who recently went to see Take That somewhere, she said the entire crowd was made up of midtolatetwentysomethings women who were clearly relieving their teenage years. I'm sure if the Goss brothers get short of a bob or two they will get Bros back together for a reunion tour. Same goes for New Kids On The Block (in fact I think I saw somewhere they are playing the O2?), Boyzone or any other woeful durge churned out by Simon Cowell, Stock, Aitken and Waterman or Simon Fuller.

People like my sister (and I'm guessing you) have only ever been to about 3 gigs in her entire life so how can you have a musical opinion worth listening to when you've seen live (when I expect several of the acts lip synced) about 5 bands!?! It's like taking the bloke who only sits in the pub and only watches games on sky seriously about football.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I find it very sad and am deeply upset that some of you gentlemen, that I had so much respect for, feel the need to bring gender and homosexuality into a debate about fine musicians.

Live with it, guys, Take That are here to stay, and they're a damn site more popular than any of the RACKETS that you lot like!

Is there not room in this wonderful of ours for BOTH?

I am partial to a bit of Take That but also like the somewhat HEAVIER side of things as well.

Feel the LOVE and EMBRACE

rudeboy

Sep 17, 2008
the thread was about motorhead last nights gig not a plastic little girl band. so go and do one onto a another thread. muppets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here