Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impressed with the NHS

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Fecked up my stomach yesterday throwing a wellington boot 30 metres at a 'teambuilding' day up at Albion's training ground. Got home and asked one of the two nurses I live with what I should do.

A call to NHS Direct was mooted instead of spending the evening in A&E. I phoned them at 10 and they took my details and said they'd get back to me within 2 hours. An hour and a half later a very pleasant doctor phoned and spent ten minutes checking my symptoms and diagnosed a pulled abodomen muscles.

Phoned my doctor this morning at 8:30. Didn't even ring at the other end, was answered immediately, appointment made for 50 mintues later. Brilliant doctor reiterated previous night's diagnosis, described the best cure and I was on my way.

I know there have been some shocking examples of NHS feck ups over the years but they are few and far between. An every day situation like mine was fantastically dealt with with the minimum of fuss.

Watching the midday politics show on BBC 2 prompted me to come on here. Blair absolutely shot Howard down in flames, brilliant TV. Kennedy was congratulating Labour on recent NHS improvements as was another member of his party while all Howard could was come up with insignificant and irrelevant hyperbole that made him look a tit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My mate f***ed his ribs up and called NHS direct the morning after as they had not got better overnight and he was diagnosed and prescribed some drugs and within four hours he had the drugs in his hand collected from a medical centre in Lewes where he was looked at again which was five minutes from his work

It's a well good service, all praises to the NHS, hardest woking people in the world.

Edited coz it made no sense first time round.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's a well good service, all praises to the NHS, hardest working people in the world.

Edited coz it made no sense first time round. [/B][/QUOTE]

You dont know me and Robbo then !;)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have to agree with you guys - much of the NHS is brilliant -especially the new ward manager of Tandridge Ward at East Surrey Hospital, Redhill :clap2:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Doesn't it make a refreshing change to compliment something rather than slag it off.

Positives are much healthier than negatives - man!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
we only ever hear about the bad side of the NHS because it makes headlines, sells papers, gets politicians into government. imagine if the press covered every successful operation, life saved and every other minor miracle that they perform on a day to day basis. people would have a very different opinion of the NHS than they do now.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Anyone like to comment on NHS dentistry?

Massive reforms are currently ongoing with major changes scheduled to be introduced in April 2005. Currently the general publics major concern is not having access to NHS dentists. What the general public really needs to know is what the long term outcome of these reform will be.

First and foremost a large number of dentists will go privately charging whatever they like with little or no regulation of the necessity or quality of their work. Many of those remaining in the NHS may succumb to 'supervised neglect' of the patients mouth.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Pretty good with a shovel then?

:jester:

he was born with a hair lip and a cleft pallet amongst other things

believe it or not I wasn't bad looking in my youth . . . . .fortunately they finished him before I got big and ugly :eek:

what makes me laugh is he had over a dozen major ops . . .then crashed his bike and smashed his teeth out !!! :rolleyes:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
he was born with a hair lip and a cleft pallet amongst other things

believe it or not I wasn't bad looking in my youth . . . . .fortunately they finished him before I got big and ugly :eek:

what makes me laugh is he had over a dozen major ops . . .then crashed his bike and smashed his teeth out !!! :rolleyes:

Gutted!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap: NHS :clap:

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
FG aka Football Genius. said:
glad to hear the NHS is making sum progress and getting sum things right. Still dont rate that joker Blair though. My additional advic eis VOTE TORY

The NHS is still trying to recover from the mess the tories created !!

Fecking Goon !!:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here