Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important Peterborough ticket news

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we are over in teh Peak district for a week and will be hacking across country to get to the game.... hopefully it will be pay on teh gate ( and the first game my Mrs will have been to for many years)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
10 days and counting!!! and unlike most Posh fans I shall be starting my journey to the game...yes you guessed it...from Brighton :laugh:
Well everything is set for a cracker, lets just hope both teams get the results this weekend that sets up a a real stay or chance to go top clash.
So what everyones feeling on the visit to London Road, either yr chances, aprehensions, the last chance to stand on the Moyes End Terrace??
Look forward to hearing from everyone... and the banter that sure to start :thumbsup:

I'm going to miss it SO much it's untrue. :(

Have always wondered why the bigger end is given to away supporters?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always liked Peterborough as an away day, not so much the city (I had a spell working there a few years back and we called it The Farm) but as a ground. Used to have the added bonus of Barry Fry being in charge, who I've always liked. Probably because we've never had him as manager but nevertheless he is funny.

Memories that stick out for me? Gary Hart breaking his leg :( and some bloke interrupting the minute's silence for the recently deceased Queen Mother (Gawd bless 'er) by singing the line "Where's your Mama gone?" from Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at top volume :lolol:

Cue lots of snorting & barely supressed sniggers all across the away end :clap2:

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
I'm going to miss it SO much it's untrue. :(

Have always wondered why the bigger end is given to away supporters?

Simple really...the ground was developed as it and being London Road, Home supporters take the London Road terrace...plus we like the shorter walk to the pubs and KFC lol

In the old days used to just fit as many as wanted to get in anyway. To think the largest gate is 30,096...imagine that atmoshpere in LR. Since then it is just the Glebe Road terrace that has been replaced by the Family stand and small amount of terrace in front of the North Stand that has been replaced with seats. My father was there and he recalls sittting with all the other kids with his feet on the touchline and the linesman having to run on the pitch.

To be honest I will miss the atmospheres generated because of the number of away fans we can accomodate.

Good luck in the season ahead, hope we both go up!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good luck in the season ahead, hope we both go up!!

Hear hear. Hope we get you away in the FA cup again too. Even if it's the third round. Would rather go there than Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge any day of the week.

In fact it's that terrace, along with the North Stand at the Goldstone, that made me love the Albion and football so much in the first place.
Not sure I will ever be able to face going to Peterborough again after that terrace is gone.

Is your pitch particularly big by the way? We always seemed to have so much space to pass it about there. Maybe that was just Barry Fry's style.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
and some bloke interrupting the minute's silence for the recently deceased Queen Mother (Gawd bless 'er) by singing the line "Where's your Mama gone?" from Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at top volume :lolol:

Cue lots of snorting & barely supressed sniggers all across the away end :clap2:

I shouldn't laugh but that is a classic! :lolol::bowdown:

Southernposh

Oct 20, 2010
Is your pitch particularly big by the way? We always seemed to have so much space to pass it about there. Maybe that was just Barry Fry's style.

It is known as a fairly big pitch - 112 x 72 (8064 sq yds) I recall. There always was plenty of space with Barry Fry as manager (particularly between his ears in terms of defence) May say the same thing now but thank god for our strike force :laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Memories that stick out for me? Gary Hart breaking his leg :( and some bloke interrupting the minute's silence for the recently deceased Queen Mother (Gawd bless 'er) by singing the line "Where's your Mama gone?" from Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep at top volume :lolol:

I remember that. Quality witty good reason for ruining a minutes silence. God rest her soul.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
On Seagulls world. The club strongly advising to purchase ticket in advance as the first batch of 900 as already sold out. The club shop as seen a surge of interest since the win at charlton. The next batch will now be sent down from Peterborough and will presumably be more than 900 this time.

I can see us takin 3000 plus for this one if I'm honest

I can see some very long queues at the turnstiles at around 2.55pm.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I shouldn't laugh but that is a classic! :lolol::bowdown:

I'm glad someone else has remembered it, I was starting to think I'd imagined it.

It was just one of those moments where everyone was sniggering away, but trying desperately hard not to, kind of like when someone farted in assembly at school.

Yes, a tad disrespectful to the old bird I suppose...but HILARIO all the same :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That terrace was PACKED that day.

2-2? Mortimer and Steve Jacobs?

Was that the time the club gave us all red and white scarves? I still have mine.

Ordered our tickets on line on Sunday. Anyone know if they've been posting them out yet, as I'm heading up there a week early (don't want to miss kick-off!) and am a bit worried they'll arrive in Cornwall after I've left!

I just rung shop to buy 2 terrace tickets. Odd, they said they are due in at 3pm, but cannot take my payment details now, as Im not allowed to reserve one!

the next time Im not working when the TO is open is saturday morning.

If they know they are coming, why the heck can't they sell them to me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here