Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Important notice to anyone whose season ticket hasn't updated to the Everton game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess it's Barber who makes these sorts of decisions. Honestly, I don't particularly like having a go at the club (I try to be fairly positive) but on this I genuinely feel they have made a bad mistake which they will pay for in loads of empty seats. If, ultimately, they earn more income from it (which I doubt) then I guess it's a win for the club in the short term. In the long term it will just deter the casual person who might just get the Albion bug. It's not the end of the world, sometimes mistakes are made (and again I understand the reasoning behind it) but it's a shame if they don't reverse it.

Can’t that casual new fan just buy directly from the club, and if later in the day, from the exchange?

I did that many times whilst waiting for my latest season ticket. Even for high demand EPL games such as Liverpool.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a big fan of the club and how they run it - I'm often saying it is one of the best run in the country - but they've got the ticketing badly wrong this year. I was going to go in place of my ST holder mate tomorrow with my son but he needed to shell out £40 to be able to transfer the tickets, We both needed to become Albion plus members - whatever that is - for another £50 before we even started. We decided not to bother. Given that it is holiday season, there will be loads of empty seats as we can't be the only ones who can't be arsed with the cost and effort required for something as simple as giving 2 tickets from one person to the other.

They need to open the ticket exchange as well but won't until they've sold all the crap seats no one wants to go in. Consequently, there will be a load of gaps tomorrow.

It's all very Withdean-esque management on this particular issue.

You're a big fan of the club but you're not already a member which would allow you to buy tickets when available so you didn't have to rely on season ticket holders charity!! You don't even know what MyAlbion + is!

We all know why it's not a simple process because if anything happens then the club will be clueless as to who is actually in the stadium!

Quite intrigued as to how many times you borrow this ticket?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Can’t that casual new fan just buy directly from the club, and if later in the day, from the exchange?

I did that many times whilst waiting for my latest season ticket. Even for high demand EPL games such as Liverpool.

I'm more thinking of someone who wouldn't ordinarily go but, if I couldn't use my ticket for example, I could pass on to my fellow season ticket holder's Dad, friend etc normally at no charge just so the seat is filled. They may well spend a bit on food, merchandise etc, the seat is occupied and, who knows, they may get a taste for it. Again, I understand why the club want to know who's using the seat and that strictly speaking, it's not transferable anyway, but if the upshot now is the seat will be empty then that's a lose lose situation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:moo:

This thread has prompted me to check my ‘wallet’ and the Everton ‘ticket’ has disappeared again and the Watford one isn’t there…hmm…still parking ticket is still there :facepalm: oh and Getafe ticket

I’m thinking I’ll be paying a visit to the ticket office pregame

Edit…back again…I’m thinking ‘user’ error

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm more thinking of someone who wouldn't ordinarily go but, if I couldn't use my ticket for example, I could pass on to my fellow season ticket holder's Dad, friend etc normally at no charge just so the seat is filled. They may well spend a bit on food, merchandise etc, the seat is occupied and, who knows, they may get a taste for it. Again, I understand why the club want to know who's using the seat and that strictly speaking, it's not transferable anyway, but if the upshot now is the seat will be empty then that's a lose lose situation.

I think it’s mainly driven as a permanent clampdown on groups/mates using st’s as they wish, passing them down families, sharing them regularly. Never going on the market. Some other clubs have grasped the nettle and tackled very similar issues.

The club have confirmed that the st waiting list does still exist, contrary to nsc speculation in the spring that it had completely disappeared. I suppose the clubs actions will over time speed up the recycling of st’s for those waiting.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think it’s mainly driven as a permanent clampdown on groups/mates using st’s as they wish, passing them down families, sharing them regularly. Never going on the market. Some other clubs have grasped the nettle and tackled very similar issues.

The club have confirmed that the st waiting list does still exist, contrary to nsc speculation in the spring that it had completely disappeared. I suppose the clubs actions will over time speed up the recycling of st’s for those waiting.

Understand completely and if we get full houses each week and limited empty seats then they will be vindicated. We'll see. I genuinely hope the club are correct but I have my doubts.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That's odd as they were advertising season tickets as available recently by email.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I don't think it does, I received an e-mail from the club sometime in the last few days urging me to buy a season ticket.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's odd as they were advertising season tickets as available recently by email.

It was explained by the club somewhere that many people on the list had deferred for a year due to Covid concerns eg in their family. Also these later opportunities are often for one off seats here and there, whereas many hold out for their preferred location, also wanting pairs of seats.

You can defer taking your opportunity for a year.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You're a big fan of the club but you're not already a member which would allow you to buy tickets when available so you didn't have to rely on season ticket holders charity!! You don't even know what MyAlbion + is!

We all know why it's not a simple process because if anything happens then the club will be clueless as to who is actually in the stadium!

Not hard to bring in that you have to pass on details of person you give ticket to

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Club may say waiting list still exists but there are 1500 plus STs available

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If everyone on the list has deferred, that means that there is, of course, no list.

No. I deferred for a year about three years ago, I was one of circa 7,000 on this list and remained in the count.

Why should those deferring for a year, but remaining at the front of the list and having paid the small deposit, be removed from the club’s tally of those on the st waiting list?

Can’t see any reason at all, other than a handful of nsc’ers hoping the list has collapsed. Angry that the club have stopped the informal sharing of tickets between cabals.

Edit: I understand your point. I assume that all those on the list now, have deferred for a year.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

When I go I prefer to sit with people I know and that equates to using tickets from people who aren't going as a first port of call. The club and everyone else knows full well this goes on and has done since the Goldstone. That and the soul distroying experience of sitting in the South stand with a load of tourists next to the away fans is somewhere I don't really want to go for top dollar. STs by and large have the prime locations

Albion plus is presumably the pay us some money and you can buy the shit seats 24 hours before everyone else at home or get priority for away games aftet the thousands of season ticket holders have had theirs. In other words, there's been no tangible benefit or hasn't been up to now at any rate.

I go as regularly as I can which is when someone else can coach the kids football or there is no game, I can be bothered to do the 360 mile round trip to the stadium, its not a midweek game or I've booked holiday and the wife isn't out or planned some shithouse job for me to do. In other words, not a lot. The stars aligned tomorrow but I've decided to play Cotwold Hills division 7 cricket instead.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No. I deferred for a year about three years ago, I was one of circa 7,000 on this list and remained in the count.

Why should those deferring for a year, but remaining at the front of the list and having paid the small deposit, be removed from the club’s tally of those on the st waiting list?

Can’t see any reason at all, other than a handful of nsc’ers hoping the list has collapsed. Angry that the club have stopped the informal sharing of tickets between cabals.

Edit: I understand your point. I assume that all those on the list now, have deferred for a year.

Only sensible that anybody that has shown interest in buying a ST in past is retained on a list. However fact is if people can ring up that have not been in contact with Albion before and buy a ST there is no waiting list.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good points, unfortunately for the club.

A mate who missed last week will now miss tomorrow because he was on holiday last week and, of course, got pinged as a result. The only person who might have wanted the ticket isn't an Albion + member and exactly the same costs as you mention above would have been incurred.

I'm very supportive of the Covid passport measures because I believe they will be imposed with no choice from October anyway and I want us to still be able to go to games. However, we seem to have used the cover of Covid to impose "thou shalt not pass on" even if it means a half empty ground.

Virtually our whole row was empty last week……yet on the ticketing website it was sold out, so evidently STHs not turning up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good points, unfortunately for the club.

A mate who missed last week will now miss tomorrow because he was on holiday last week and, of course, got pinged as a result. The only person who might have wanted the ticket isn't an Albion + member and exactly the same costs as you mention above would have been incurred.

I'm very supportive of the Covid passport measures because I believe they will be imposed with no choice from October anyway and I want us to still be able to go to games. However, we seem to have used the cover of Covid to impose "thou shalt not pass on" even if it means a half empty ground.

Without the Covid pass I wouldn't be going. I think the club have got it spot on.

I haven't yet been able to pass on my second ticket but that is entirely due to my brothers being prats, and my son and missus being committed to other things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here