Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important Message for FatAddict

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I have checked various websites (NUS), press etc and cant see anything that we will be subject to a students protest today in Brighton & Hove.

Can you confirm/deny by return what will be happening today as someone in the know. Previously you claimed these events are well publicised but I haven't seen a thing.

Just wanted to know if we were in for a 4th disruptive day in 2 weeks ??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Heart FM this morning in their news report said there was a planned walk out by students today. Not sure that will disrupt anything except the colleges/universities.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have checked various websites (NUS), press etc and cant see anything that we will be subject to a students protest today in Brighton & Hove.

Can you confirm/deny by return what will be happening today as someone in the know. Previously you claimed these events are well publicised but I haven't seen a thing.

Just wanted to know if we were in for a 4th disruptive day in 2 weeks ??

I don't for a single minute support FatAddicts uneducated rants but clearly you've not looked very far for the information :

For the blind

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
NUS aren't organising these protests. It is a breakaway group, as I understand things.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is it on or off? My son's been given the day off from college so that he can go and fight for his future. No point if it's just a walk though.

Some classic questions in Cover it live!!!

This is my favourite;
[Comment From JurgenJurgen: ]
Is there any provisions being made for the children if they get thirsty? Will anyone be down there handing out bottles of water? My son is down there and I am concerned for him and his peers

FFS it's a ruddy protest! Do they really think that the public purse should be providing for people on a protest?!?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I will wet myself laughing when all these students taking time off college don't achieve the grades they need to go to university because they are spending too much time protesting to get their free ride

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Just heard that there was a student protest yesterday which went off peacefully. I'm the first to be critical but am also man enough to come on here to congratulate them on the fact it was peaceful. Had the misfortune to be working in Folkestone yesterday so wasn't fully aware of their protest taking place yesterday. My fear is that with today's vote taking place it could take a nasty turn today, not by the students should I say but by the hijackers of these events for their own purposes. Hope I'm wrong though. Just seen its starting to kick off in London again.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
the tory attack on the EMA is no joke,a poxy £30 quid a week payable to kids staying on to 6th form ONLY if they live in a houshold with income of about less than £23,000 a year(equivalent roughly to two parents on minimum wage after deductions) is a direct attack on the Kids of the poorest.

But then,during the days of that sick f*** maggie thatcher Rhodes Boyson as education secretary said that the problem with britain was "an over educated working class that did not want to work in menial jobs such as in industry"
still, maggie fixed that one.she shut down all the f***ing factories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here