Marmite or Bovril

• Marmite

Votes: 74 85.1%
  • Bovril

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
It all depends if I eat or drink it? I eat marmite with bread and crumpets, but will drink bovril. I never mix it round.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
If you stick to the items in the poll then Bovril to drink and Marmite as a spread. However, I prefer Morrisons 'Beefy Drink' obviously in a mug and Asda's 'Yeast Extract' as a spread. And both are cheaper than the originals and, in my opinion, taste better. And I have carried out my own taste comparisons in each case. But only a personal opinion.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A Burgess Hill resident tackles a lunch snack.

desperate_dan.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think the last time I had Bovril was late 80's in the West Stand at the Goldstone. As they somehow managed to serve it at a temperature that is HOTTER than the SUN and I had a cup once a fortnight since the late 60's, it has removed all my fingerprints and taste buds.
The only product to give equivalent satisfaction now, as I approach my twilight years, is MARMITE.
Culinary delight........... Muffin, toasted with butter and MARMITE with poached egg on top. MMMMMM.

ooh! My favourite font!

For the record Marmite on toast or crumpets. :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Marmite - no question

Bovril is food of the DEVIL

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Also this on the Marmite wiki page:

Many Brighton residents use the phrase "That's proper Marmite" to show that something may be taken the wrong way or maybe isn't the best idea. One example of this is Riziki Millanzi in the interview about Crystal Palace F.C. coming to play Brighton and Hove Albion in Falmer Stadium which was published in The Argus.[citation needed]

WTF?

Are you really supposed to eat Bovril? I'm still shocked by this!

Toast two pieces of bread and allow to cool.
Apply desired yellow stuff to one piece of toast (country life spreadable is preferred)
Spread BOVRIL on piece of toast number 1
Place slice of ham on top of BOVRIL
Thinly slice tomato and arrange on ham in a regular pattern
Place 2nd slice of ham on top of arranged tomato
Apply desired yellow stuff to 2nd piece of toast (country life spreadable is preferred)
Spread BOVRIL one piece of toast number 2 (at this stage freshly ground black pepper and salt may be added if desired
Place toast number 2 on top.

Enjoy.:moo:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Marmite without question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here