Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IMPORTANT Can you please do this

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Hi NSC this is a questionaire for my Media coursework, is it possible that as many of can spare a couple of mins to do it.

Cheers Chris

Uma Thurman Questionnaire

1.)Name 3 films that she has been in?

2.)In your opinion does Uma Thurman play any particular roles in her films?

3.)What role do you feel she is more recognised from?

4.)Given that Uma Thurman’s career has been mainly in independent films, can she be ‘Big Box Office’ looking at the success that Kill Bill had?

5.)How has Uma Thurmans career evolved?, and what role has Quentin Tarantino played in its evolution?

Many Thanks Chris

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:ohmy:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

1) 'The Avengers'
'Pulp Fiction'
'Be Cool'

2) She often plays strong women that use their sexuallity.

3) As above

4) All depends on what she is offered

5) I believe that Quentin tarrantino has had a very big part to play in her career, not sure she will sustain it without his direction.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Beeercan said:
Hi NSC this is a questionaire for my Media coursework, is it possible that as many of can spare a couple of mins to do it.

Cheers Chris

1.)Name 3 films that she has been in? Gattaca, Johnny Be good, Pulp Fiction

2.)In your opinion does Uma Thurman play any particular roles in her films? Pleasing to the eye. Generally, a strong character.

3.)What role do you feel she is more recognised from? Kill Bill

4.)Given that Uma Thurman’s career has been mainly in independent films, can she be ‘Big Box Office’ looking at the success that Kill Bill had? Depends on the scripts and the ageing process. (Hollywood is plastic)

5.)How has Uma Thurmans career evolved?, and what role has Quentin Tarantino played in its evolution? Many budget movies, Tarantino really put her on the map, Kill Bill has made her even more of a household name than she already was. The future is bright for now. (3 more films in the pipeline)

Many Thanks Chris

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Be Cool

Very strong female roles.

Pulp Fiction

4.)Given that Uma Thurman’s career has been mainly in independent films, can she be ‘Big Box Office’ looking at the success that Kill Bill had?
Very much so. You put her name on the poster and it will attract an audience. I only went to see the Avengers (worst film I've ever seen) as she's in it. And it didn't put me off her as actress.

5.)How has Uma Thurmans career evolved?, and what role has Quentin Tarantino played in its evolution?
To me she's similar to Ewan McGregor in that she prefers to do independent films where the storyline interests her and occasionally doing a big budget film to get the pennies in (Batman & Robin for example).
Oh and on Tarrantino, he has had a huge influence on her career, kick starting it with Pulp Fiction and collaborating with her to an extent in creating Kill Bill.

Last edited:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
She was in "Jennifer 8" with Andy Garcia. (1992)

In that film she played a vulnerable blind girl who was being stalked by a serial killer. Very different role for her, as she usually plays a strong character.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks

Pulp Fiction, Batman & Robin, Jennifer 8

If there is a call for a sultry temptress, she is your woman
Pulp Fiction, still a very iconic picture (the poster). Also is amazing how many people copy her dancing from the film

If given the right vechile then yes, she has been in several acclaimed films. Although those designed to be blockbusters (Batman & Robin) have not always been as kind

In my opinon without Tarantino, she would be very much in the mould of Ellen Barkin, a reasonable actress, but that is all

Ray the Otter

Apr 7, 2006
by the riverbank
Her best films must be the one where she played that Cowgirl lezzer with a huge thumb and Gattaca. I saw Michael Nyman play exerts from the soundtrack to Gattaca at The Dome recently and became quite emmotional. My brother, despite claiming to be a big Nyman/Gattaca fan, fell asleep. I'm not sure who I'm more disgusted with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here