Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Images of how Falmer will look *with* the corners filled and ES upper tier?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
We've all seen images of how the Amex will look this coming season but are there official images (or designs) of how it will look with the east stand upper tier and corners filled in?

Apologies if this thread has been posted before, a quick search proved fruitless. :)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
0,,10433~3580448,00.jpg

Best I can find.

Taken from quite an old Fans' Forum..

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | News Gallery | News Gallery | Falmer Fans Forum - Gallery

The design above does definitely depict the stadium with corners filled and a second tier on the East stand, though - so gives you an idea.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
No, for the simple reason that it was difficult getting approval for a 22,500 seater stadium - releasing images of a potentially bigger stadium would have been silly. Future stadium expansion seems to be an open secret, rather than an official plan.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The great thing about it is it will make no difference visually for the nimbys.It is purely a traffic issue.The club have been very clever here.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Hopefully one of our resident computer whiz's can oblige with a photoshop effort... nudge, nudge, wink wink.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No, for the simple reason that it was difficult getting approval for a 22,500 seater stadium - releasing images of a potentially bigger stadium would have been silly. Future stadium expansion seems to be an open secret, rather than an official plan.

You would think so but I've definitely seen an official video with an east upper.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
How about this for starters?

Attachments

• Falmer 2 filled in.jpg
    Falmer 2 filled in.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 1,415

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's looking good... but I think it should match the West lower and North stands row for row (well that's what we were told at our presentation).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ev, love that image! I could never get in my mind how the second tier would look, thought it may possibly over hang the first one, so thanks for posting that!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That is amazing - did you do that yourself Everest?

No. It was part of the plans for expansion submitted this week.

Bugger, it's gone 12.00

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think they will do this really quickly.

Would like to see how they do the West into the North and South though. It could look a little awkward round the corner going from three tiers to one?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think they will do this really quickly.

Would like to see how they do the West into the North and South though. It could look a little awkward round the corner going from three tiers to one?
Nothing like the issue that the designers of the Aviva stadium had:

AvivaStadium-Dublin.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here