Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sure I'll get flayed....

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I like him, but I think he's very limited. And over-rated.

Away at Villa showed that of all our midfielders, he was outclassed the most. League 1 midfielder tick. Goalscorer tick. Good captain. tick. Championship material. Sorry but no. I have a feeling that is what Poyet is ultimately planning for and at some point or other Crofts lack of quality will see him phased out the team.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
What i'm worried about is what is coming down from the Championship. Besides Palace, there are some strong sides milling around at the bottom, yeah they may not be able to cut it in the Championship, but the teams that come down will be looking for an instant return, and playing against sides with a higher quality is going to be tougher next year.

Having said that, Poyet has totally transformed this club, it doesn't need just me to say it, but under the management of Slade we lost to Hudders 7-1 and then Norwich 4-1, in from what I saw one-sided matches in the opposition's favour, in recent times we got a 0-0 draw with Hudders and an unlucky 2-1 loss to Norwich, both times we should have really come out with a better scoreline. But you could see the difference in the way we played, and this is what I believe will propel us up the table, this summer is going to be massive for both Poyet and players, with the funds avaliable from Bloom, we can bring in some quality over the summer to iron out the few kinks we have, and next season become that force that we rightly should be.

We've showed that we can perform against the better sides in the league, but I have concerns next season will be tougher than the current season, but this summer is hopefully going to change my mind.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think the current side would be good enough to get us promoted. Gus can add who he likes to our squad as long as they are an improvement on what we have already got

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Who was the last Brighton midfielder to get 8 goals - all from open play - in a season?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ive always liked Snodgrass, and I know im clutching at straws to suggest bringing him to Withdean. But IF Leeds were to get promoted, and Snodgrass not get much of a look in,(he has been bench material already this season) then he would be a player I would DEFINATELY go after.

I think the majority of higher end championship clubs were/are interested, and also read somewhere about Celtic being interested. I think he's a great player, but well out of our league.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Murray needs to score a lot more goals for us to get automatic promotion using a 4-5-1.

I really can't see that happening so it all depends on if we get another 20+ goal striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here