Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm reading 'Build a Bonfire' at the moment

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Is that the new one? The one where Paul Samrah refers to his "wonderful idea" to send flowers to John Prescott...?

Genuinely sorry if the idea was yours EK - I certainly did not mean to hijack it. It was a few years ago and I apologise if you were not given the credit you deserve for it. I honestly cannot recall how the flowers/Clubs initiative came into my head. Together though we won. Paul

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Genuinely sorry if the idea was yours EK - I certainly did not mean to hijack it. It was a few years ago and I apologise if you were not given the credit you deserve for it. I honestly cannot recall how the flowers/Clubs initiative came into my head. Together though we won. Paul

Don't worry about it Paul.Edna is plod,they like to feel persecuted,even Marxist Fraud( M.P.for Horsham) is getting in on the act.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Received this book as a gift from [MENTION=12838]The Peanut Roaster[/MENTION] and read it on my travels in England in April 2012. Have started reading it again as even though I read it before there is so much to take in that it needs at least a few more readings. Fantastic read about all that transpired long before I was a supporter.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would have made a great film in the vein of ''The Full Monty'',Brassed Off,that kind of thing.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I have recently re-read it and had trouble getting to sleep afterwards as I was so wound-up by it.I have given it to my 12Yr. old son to read to learn where our great club has come from and why we Albion fans are so special.He too is outraged by what happened and can now understand why we sing Build a Bonfire.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I have recently re-read it and had trouble getting to sleep afterwards as I was so wound-up by it.I have given it to my 12Yr. old son to read to learn where our great club has come from and why we Albion fans are so special.He too is outraged by what happened and can no
w understand why we sing Build a Bonfire.
:clap::clap::albion2::clap:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Yes,yes we did.

whilst we all as fans joined together and marched, wrote letters, sent postcards etc. there are a handful of people for whom we will be forever grateful.

We will forever their debt for the ceaseless work, time spent, even when things got tough.

EVERYBODY who is a Brighton fan should read both books.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A definite must-read for any Albion fan, indeed any FOOTBALL fan.

I am lucky enough to have a copy of the hardback signed by both authors, which is looked after very carefully for posterity. I have also got the paperback reprint, and of course the We Want Falmer "sequel" to read as the mood takes me.

It's incredible to look back from where we are now and think that we were so close to not having any of it, and on so many occasions for varying reasons. I have the utmost respect for all who were involved and did their bit to help us get to where we are now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel sorry for those that missed the stage play, during the ramp up for last season.

T'was a excellent night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here