Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm reading 'Build a Bonfire' at the moment

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Good on you for wanting to know what happened back then. Real dark days that seem so fae away now.

Looking back, it's hard to believe it all happened but that is why we have so many commited fans now, because so many came together for what we have now and probably now it's more the older fans who are less likely to moan about a few poor results this season.

It's all part of our heritage now!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Build a Bonfire makes you incensed , We Want Falmer will leave you with the biggest grin on your face EVER :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They were dark days to be sure, that's what made that moment at Falmer when the teams came out for the Donny match SO special knowing everything that had gone on for nearly twenty years to get us to that point.

One of my memories is of going round to Attila's house of an evening and never actually seeing him as he'd be on the phone constantly; haranguing the likes of Ivor Caplin and Greg Stanley (who he was in contact with at the time), and swapping ideas and news with Paul Samrah and the other leading lights of BISA. God knows what his phone bill was.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If Build a Bonfire makes you incensed , We Want Falmer will leave you with the biggest grin on your face EVER :)

That's next on my book list!

I can't get over how it seems to be pretty blatant what the intentions of Archer and Bellotti were and how they kept denying what they were up to.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
May never be repeated but for emotions and fun I will never forget "Bright Til I Die"

Missed the original but what a great prelude to the season back in July

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Is that the new one? The one where Paul Samrah refers to his "wonderful idea" to send flowers to John Prescott...?

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
I was a very young chap back in those days. My uncle got me the book for Christmas and it is honestly the best present i had this year along with the Stadium Yes book and Withdean years DVD, they are all brilliant. I will be getting We Want Falmer too!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am a third of the way through it so don't tell me how it finishes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am a third of the way through it so don't tell me how it finishes.
I think that every other Saturday is a bit of a giveaway.

Is that the new one? The one where Paul Samrah refers to his "wonderful idea" to send flowers to John Prescott...?
The exact phrase in the book is:

PAUL SAMRAH: I had this wonderful idea - where it came from, no idea ....

The forensics suggest it might just have been NSC. And, just possibly, edna krabappel.

Flowers For Johnny 2 Jags

Edna was the first to suggest that Albion fans send flowers to Prescott. Paul Samrah seems to have added the twist that the flowers might be sent in the name of each of the 91 other clubs in the league.

Either way ... it was one of the brilliant stunts that united fans behind the campaign. We should ALL be proud of what we did.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
got the book for xmas, im not really a book person but i started reading yesterday and ive nearly finished it, so proud to be a Brighton fan and i say a massive thank you for everyone who saved the club, i cant imagine what it must have been like, anyone whos to young to remember should read this book

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Couldn't they assemble everyone who did an interview a do an audio book version?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
My overriding memory of this period is the sheer animal HATE roar of a sparsely populated north stand that scared the shit out of (almost,but certainly not Orient)every visiting team and Ref.
We saved the Albion but we also earnt enough dodgy decisions to keep us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here